15th February, 2021
Australia’s Solomon Islands Resource Facility
The Australian Government, through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), has contracted Cardno Emerging Markets to establish and manage its multi-sectoral facility. Australia’s Solomon Islands Resource Facility (ASIRF) is currently contracted until December 2021, with an option to extend up until June 2023. ASIRF builds on support previously provided by SIRF (2015 – 2020) while also prioritising new ways of working to ensure Australia’s assistance better achieves service delivery impact in this pandemic context.
DFAT and SIG – working together to deliver direct funding assistance (DFA)
The Government of Australia (GOA) provides direct funding assistance (DFA) to the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) in critical development sectors such as health, education, justice and infrastructure/transport. This method is used because it strengthens partner systems and improves the capacity of local procurement and finance officers to administer SIG rules andapply good governance. To ensure DFAT’s fiduciary risks surrounding the provision of DFA are adequately safeguarded, a regular Assessment of National Systems (ANS) is carried out; this assessment ensures that appropriate ex ante controls and risk management strategies are in place to protect the expenditure of Australian/and other donor funds. DFAT and SIG work collaboratively through mechanisms such as the Core Economic Working Group (CEWG) to ensure that SIG has adequate rules, systems and capacity to administer direct budget support.
Summary of Requirements
To support the aims of Australian Aid in the Solomon Islands, and particularly to ensure that DFA is delivered in accordance with SIG systems and rules, ASIRF requires a number of Public Financial Management (PFM) specialist positions to work across a range of professional categories. The positions will be spread across various programs and government sectors and filled as they become available in coming months.
In preparation for upcoming vacancies, ASIRF is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced PFM specialists with expertise in the following areas:
- accountants to support financial compliance and oversight of Australia’s direct funding assistance to the SIG.
- procurement specialists to assist with large scale donor funded procurement, tendering and contracting using donor funding
- economists to support revenue forecasting and policy development as required by SIG
- finance systems specialists to support roll-out of DX365 (new Financial Management Information System)
- budget and financial planning specialists to support budget planning and execution
- capacity building - all roles will have a strong focus on capacity building with local teams and counterparts
If you have the following skills and experience, we would like to hear what you can offer:
Why join Cardno?
- Commitment to improving PFM and developing capacity for long-term and sustainable results in the Solomon Islands.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated results in one or more of the areas of expertise we are seeking.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly develop knowledge of, the broader PFM context in Solomon Islands including the PFM Act (2017), PEFA assessments and SIG’s PFM roadmap.
- Experience working in a developing country context
- Ability to deploy unaccompanied to the Solomon Islands and satisfy all pre-deployment COVID testing/international travel requirements whilst travel restrictions remain in place.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications.
- Willingness to work as part of a flexible and agile team across different programs and SIG Ministries as required.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook How to apply
A full Terms of Reference can be found here: https://bit.ly/2OE7KLb
Your EOI should contain the following:
- A summary (maximum two pages) which outlines how you have applied your PFM skills in previous roles to achieve successful results; you will need to indicate which of the professional categories you are most interested in and highlight your interest in any particular sector or program. Explain what you can offer and what will set you apart from other candidates.
- Your CV, detailing your relevant skills and experience, and nominating current contact details for two professional referees.
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm Sunday 14th March.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Cardno is Equal Opportunity Employer
Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognises the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
Apply For Job