Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming follow on to the USAID Avansa Agrikultura Project. The new project will pick up the activities under the current project with possible new approaches and objectives. Core project objectives will focus on accelerating sustainable and inclusive agriculture-led economic growth by working with farmers and communities to transition subsistence farmers to more productive livelihoods, improve natural resource management (NRM), and increase communities’ climate change resilience. The project will address key challenges to sustainable rural development, such as natural resource degradation, food insecurity, and under-nutrition. Responsibilities:
A Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between stakeholders in USAID/Timor Leste and in the public and private sectors. The Chief of Party will be required to:
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Cardno.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and liaise with USAID, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements.
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans.
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information.
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices.
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers timely results.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
- Master’s degree with an accredited university in economics, agriculture, agricultural economics, agribusiness, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly higher levels of responsibility working in international development, preferably in commercial value chains, food security, and economic growth and/or market systems with an emphasis on development and marketing of agricultural products, SME development, mechanization and input supply, financial inclusion, international food safety standards, regulations and policy harmonization;
- Minimum of 5 years of Chief of Party experience managing large, complex programs, such as on USAID or USDA economic growth, livelihoods, rural agriculture or food security initiatives.
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, large subcontracts, or grants under contract.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, and public, private, and civil society partners.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing capacity-building programs related to financial management and internal controls.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.