06th February, 2021
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the Program
The Myanmar Education Quality Improvement Program (My-EQIP) is a joint initiative of the Governments of Myanmar and Australia. My-EQIP is helping the Ministry of Education build a system that collects and analyses data about the quality of education in Myanmar. That data will be used to improve the Ministry’s policy development, decision-making and efficient use of increased funding for education. The goal of My-EQIP is to contribute to more efficient, effective and inclusive service delivery and teaching to improve access, completion and learning for boys and girls across Myanmar.
About the Role
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist Short Term Adviser will be responsible for supporting the MEL team and Team Leader to provide high-quality performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to provide a comprehensive evidence-based understanding of the portfolio-level results and overall impact of DFAT’s investment in the program. Under the supervision of the Team Leader you will mentor, coach and support the national M&E Specialist, Learning & Development Specialist and other team members to coordinate and support the collection, analysis and reporting of high-quality data and information to promote learning across the My-EQIP project.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support the M&E Specialist to implement the program M&E framework, ensuring cross-cutting issues and thematic policies such as gender, inclusive development, environment, and governance are effectively and appropriately incorporated into performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Support the M&E Specialist to implement of the M&E Systems Plan, procedures, and reporting templates, compliant with program-level M&E Framework requirements for outcome-level data and analysis.
- Support the M&E specialist to review data collection tools, analyse and interpret data; conduct routine data quality assurance checks to maintain quality control in all aspects of M&E from data collection to reporting including areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with other technical advisers and members of the team to ensure that issues of inclusion and other technical considerations are adequately accounted for and incorporated in the M&E system. Note that collection of gender and disability data will be mainstreamed throughout M&E processes.
- Engage with Ministry of Education (MoE) My-EQIP governance structures (Program Director, Technical Working Group and Joint Steering Committee) to develop capacity to monitor the My-EQIP investment.
- Lead the implementation of program evaluations to assess impact of the various components of the program.
- Promote learning across the program by providing support in designing and organizing workshops, progress reports and strategic reviews, as well as the communication on data collected and lessons learned.
- Provide timely analytical reports for six-monthly Progress Reports and Annual Plans in accordance with international standards and DFAT’s requirements on performance management and quality assurance.
- Provide capacity building to My-EQIP Support team and MoE officials in the development and use of M&E systems and tools to improve the quality of program planning and implementation
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
https://www.cardno.com/media/6906/210126_pd-my-eqip-me-specialist-intl-sta.pdf About You
You will be a motivated and proactive individual with the right combination of interpersonal skills, communication skills and ability to develop relationships in a complex environment. You will have at least 10 year’s demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for flexible and adaptive development programs an understanding of development issues in a donor funded setting (preferably Myanmar), including knowledge of M&E information requirements and knowledge and skills in monitoring gender, disability and development strategy implementation. Prior experience on adaptive programs utilising methods and tools such as strategy testing, outcomes mapping, most significant change will be highly regarded. Furthermore, a degree in social sciences or a relevant field, post-graduate qualifications in M&E is highly desirable. How to Apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the My-EQIP team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV (maximum 3 pages), including a cover letter that addresses the qualifications and experience (no more than two pages). Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm Sunday 7 March 2021 NPT, Myanmar time.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks.
All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture. Contact
If you have any questions, please contact Naomi.firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting My-EQIP MEL Specialist
in the subject line.
Apply For Job