14th January, 2021
The Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) has identified law and order, combating corruption and reducing violence against women as national development priorities. PNG’s strategic frameworks prioritise reducing crime and social unrest as the foundation for improving economic and social development.
The GoPNG and the Government of Australia (GoA) (the Partners) have agreed to enter into a Comprehensive Strategic and Economic Partnership (CSEP) which aims to integrate development cooperation as an enabler of broader economic and strategic objectives, and which will centre on six pillars:
About the Program
- Strong democracies for a stable future;
- Close friends, enduring ties;
- Economic partnership for prosperity;
- Strategic cooperation for security and stability;
- Social and human development;
- Near neighbours, global partners
The Justice Services and Stability for Development (JSS4D)
program is an Australian Government funded program to support the law and justice sector in PNG.
Aligning with the CSEP, the JSS4D program will contribute to the GoPNG-GoA partnership goal of private sector development and human development in PNG, underpinned by a just, safe and secure society for all.
JSS4D provides targeted assistance to PNG’s law and justice agencies, provincial governments, the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and civil society groups. As endorsed by the GoPNG’s National Coordination Mechanism (NCM), the Design Update refocuses JSS4D into three outcome areas: national
and common priorities
of family and sexual violence (FSV) and anti-corruption. About the Role
The Sector Information Management System Adviser
will support the strengthening of existing information collection and information management systems within the law and justice sector by:
- Assisting the sector to develop a strengths-based information management system that builds on existing capacity and is culturally and organisationally relevant.
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of sector and agency information management systems and staff practices at the national and subnational levels including organisational structures, data collection processes, databases, coordination mechanisms, and working relationships between national and subnational LJS agencies.
- Assisting the sector, particularly working with the Law and Justice Sector Secretariat (LJSS) to identify and develop appropriate interventions to address knowledge and IMS gaps.
- Outlining training requirements to strengthen IMS processes at the national and subnational levels including selection of information that is measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely to be stored in enhanced databases.
- Consulting with and assist activity implementation teams to strengthen planned activities including information management, learning and reporting.
- Advising on the use of technology-based information collection and dissemination methods that are available in PNG that are cost effective and speedy such as mobile phones, SMS technology, real time data collection and social media.
- Collaborating with MERL and LJSS staff, to share knowledge and expertise to strengthen sector capacity, information management and learning processes and procedures in M&E.
- Providing advice and support to sector staff responsible for internal and external M&E information dissemination tasks and the production of high-quality annual Sector Performance Reports.
- Participating and contributing to the Sector’s Annual Reflections and Learning process.
Please copy and paste the following link to access the full terms of reference detailing responsibilities and key selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/6828/jss4d-tor-information-management-systems-adviser.pdf About You
You will have demonstrated practical knowledge and broad experience in Information Management Systems and working within a development context and a Tertiary qualifications in Information Management Systems.
You will have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and work well within a team setting. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the JSS4D Program team. Please click 'apply' and submit:
- Your CV including the contact details of at least two professional referees
- A covering letter responding directly to the essential Selection Criteria
Applications for this position close at 11:59pm, Friday 12 February 2021
(Australian Eastern Standard Time). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection panel. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture. Contact
For any questions about this role, please contact email@example.com quoting ‘Information Management System Adviser’ in the email subject line.
Apply For Job