Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking a Municipal Services Director
candidate for the anticipated USAID Georgia Local Self-Government Strengthening Activity. This Activity will support the Government of Georgia to implement its new Decentralization Strategy (2020-2025) and achieve meaningful local self-governance through a Local Self-Governance Support Program. The program notionally aims to build local government service delivery capacity and strengthen local accountability measures, including through the engagement of local communities in social accountability interventions. The five-year award will partner with stakeholders across the local governance ecosystem to deliver on Strategy objectives, including working directly with one-quarter to one-third of all Georgian local governments. Role
The Municipal Services Director will lead the design, delivery, and monitoring of project interventions to improve community access to, and quality of, local government public services. Responsibilities include and will not be limited to supporting Georgian local governments to streamline service delivery processes, systems, and staffing; collaborate with multi-stakeholder groups to identify community priorities, and solutions, to improve public services; promote the extension of those services to include historically marginalized groups within the municipality; and institutionalize these reforms to achieve sustainable impact. The Municipal Services Director will also be a member of the project’s senior leadership team, responsible for managing the achievement of project deliverables and outcomes. Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Masters) in public administration, economics, business administration, or related fields and a minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in public utility management, municipal management, or public finance.
- Without the advanced degree, minimum ten (10) years professional experience in public utility management, municipal management, or public finance.
- Prior experience working for a municipality on service delivery-related issues preferred
- Prior experience working with and/or for development organizations to operationalize a country’s decentralization reforms
- Demonstrated leader and manager with experience building high-performing teams, managing staff, and conducting performance management and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills are required. Proficiency in Georgian or Russian is preferred.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.