Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking a Local Government Director
candidate for the anticipated USAID Georgia Local Self-Government Strengthening Activity. This Activity will support the Government of Georgia to implement its new Decentralization Strategy (2020-2025) and achieve meaningful local self-governance through a Local Self-Governance Support Program. The program notionally aims to build local government service delivery capacity and strengthen local accountability measures, including through the engagement of local communities in social accountability interventions. The five-year award will partner with stakeholders across the local governance ecosystem to deliver on Strategy objectives, including working directly with one-quarter to one-third of all Georgian local governments. Role
The Local Government Director will lead the design, delivery, and monitoring of strategies and activities to help Georgian municipalities improve its efficiency and effectiveness in managing taxpayer resources, delivering services, and engaging its communities. This position will be responsible for helping municipalities operationalize the country’s decentralization strategies, with a focus on service delivery, public financial management, and accounting functions. The Local Government Director will also be a member of the project’s senior leadership team, responsible for managing the achievement of project deliverables and outcomes. Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Masters) in public administration, economics, business administration, or related fields and a minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in public financial management (PFM), transparency, and citizen engagement at the municipal level.
- Without the advanced degree, minimum ten (10) years professional experience in PFM, operational transparency, and citizen engagement at the municipal level.
- Senior level management experience working within a municipal administration is preferred
- Prior experience working with and/or for development organizations to operationalize a country’s decentralization reforms
- Demonstrated leader and manager with experience building high-performing teams, managing staff, and conducting performance management and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills are required. Proficiency in Georgian or Russian is preferred.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.