Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking an Engagement and Inclusion Director
candidate for the anticipated USAID Georgia Local Self-Government Strengthening Activity. This Activity will support the Government of Georgia to implement its new Decentralization Strategy (2020-2025) and achieve meaningful local self-governance through a Local Self-Governance Support Program. The program notionally aims to build local government service delivery capacity and strengthen local accountability measures, including through the engagement of local communities in social accountability interventions. The five-year award will partner with stakeholders across the local governance ecosystem to deliver on Strategy objectives, including working directly with one-quarter to one-third of all Georgian local governments. Role
The Engagement and Inclusion Director
will lead the design, delivery, and monitoring of project interventions that seek to engage the private sector and other non-governmental community stakeholders in local governance decision-making processes. Specifically, this position is responsible for integrating public awareness and engagement initiatives across all program Objectives, with a particular emphasis upon engaging historically marginalized groups. This position will play a lead role in supporting the development of the project’s social behavior change communication (SBCC) strategies to facilitate local buy-in and leadership in the achievement of project outcomes. The Engagement and Inclusion Director will also be a member of the project’s senior leadership team, responsible for managing the achievement of project deliverables and outcomes. Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Masters) in business administration, international development, or related fields and a minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in private sector and community engagement, local governance, decentralization, and/or NGO capacity building.
- Without the advanced degree, minimum ten (10) years professional experience in private sector and community engagement, local governance, decentralization, and/or NGO capacity building.
- Adept at employing inclusive approaches that address the needs and priorities of local governance stakeholders including marginalized populations, the private sector, NGOs, and the media.
- Prior experience working with and/or for development organizations to increase transparency and accountability of government and community decision-makers.
- Demonstrated leader and manager with experience building high-performing teams, managing staff, and conducting performance management and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills are required. Proficiency in Georgian or Russian is preferred.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.