Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking candidates for Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations
for the anticipated USAID Pacific Regional Initiative and Support for more Effective Counter-Trafficking in Persons (Pacific RISE CTIP) Project
. The objective of Pacific RISE CTIP is to combat trafficking in persons in the Pacific Island countries (Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) through: (1) Reduction in vulnerability to trafficking; (2) Enhanced mechanisms and strategies to prevent trafficking; (3) Improved protection services to victims; and, (4) Increased access to legal services and remedies. The program will support the U.S. government’s Indo-Pacific Vision of promoting democracy and strengthening civil society, human rights, rule of law, transparency, and accountability in the region. Role
The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations’ primary responsibility is to support the Chief of Party in managing the program’s finances and liaising with other program staff (management, technical, contractual, and sub-awardees), to ensure that their inputs and activities comply with local and donor financial regulations. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all policies and program activities are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, Cardno policies, and local laws. The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations will conduct financial checks and audits, process reimbursements, and oversee all accounting operations. S/he will assist in maintaining accurate and up to date electronic and manual filing systems, provide operational support and advice to field office(s), provide financial management training to staff and partners where necessary, and perform other operations and logistics duties as directed by the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party. The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations should have adequate familiarity with USAID’s financial requirements and regulations. Qualifications
- At least a Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum 7 years of experience in finance and operations, including conducting pre-award surveys, tracking disbursements, and managing financial commitments on a donor-funded project required;
- Demonstrated experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures, including USAID, is required;
- Experience supporting complex organizational capacity development projects in developing countries, including training and capacity building in financial management, organizational management, streamlined processes/procedures, and USAID compliance is preferred;
- Experience in the Pacific Islands preferred;
- Experience working with projects and/or staff of culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.