31st October, 2020
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Pacific Regional Initiative and Support for more Effective Counter-Trafficking in Persons (Pacific RISE CTIP) Project. The objective of Pacific RISE CTIP is to combat trafficking in persons in the Pacific Island countries (Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) through: (1) Reduction in vulnerability to trafficking; (2) Enhanced mechanisms and strategies to prevent trafficking; (3) Improved protection services to victims; and, (4) Increased access to legal services and remedies. The program will support the U.S. government’s Indo-Pacific Vision of promoting democracy and strengthening civil society, human rights, rule of law, transparency, and accountability in the region.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist the Chief of Party (COP) to provide technical leadership and oversight of programmatic activities to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the activity. As needed, s/he will also serve as liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. The DCOP will manage staff and ensure the project meets goals and reporting requirements.
- Advanced degree in international relations, social science, political science, or other related field;
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience managing and implementing human rights and similar or related development projects;
- Demonstrated success in designing, managing, and implementing technical assistance projects;
- Knowledge and understanding of issues related to human trafficking in the Pacific Islands and the technical aspects of counter-trafficking project design and implementation;
- Experience providing direct assistance or legal aid to victims highly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge in gender and development issues, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender;
- Demonstrated drafting and report writing skills; and,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Apply For Job