12th October, 2020
The Senior Program Officer – Urban Mobility coordinates and supports the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and sustainability of KIAT activities in the Urban Mobility activity stream. The position applies technical knolwedge to the urban mobility policies, planning and implementation and ensures the high quality performance of supported activities. The Senior Program Officer – Urban Mobility will be innovatve and results-orientated and ensure that urban mobility activities are managed in a way to achieve lasting effectiveness to improve mobility in Indonesian cities.
This role also involves the following key activities:
- Identify strategic development priorities and opportunities in the urban mobility space for KIAT support in close collaboration with the other members of the KIAT Transport team and GOI counterparts.
- Establish effective working relationships with all relevant GOI counterparts including sub-national governments.
- Develop new activities in the urban mobility activity stream and support the preparation of concept notes, design documents, terms of reference and budgets.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to GOI counterparts in line with KIAT’s mandate and agreed priorities.
- Manage the performance of individual sub-contractors and subcontractor firms to ensure that the quality of services is delivered and meets professional standards, and is delivered within the allocated time and budget.
- Prepare progress reports, communications materials and other adhoc reporting relating to KIAT’s activities in the urban mobility activity stream.
- Coordinate closely with KIAT’s Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Civil Society Engagement (GESI-CSE) section to identify actions across KIAT’s urban mobility activities that promote gender equality and social inclusion for vulnerable groups, including identifying opportunities where CSE can help enhance impact. Coordination will include support for the production, implementation, and resourcing of GESI-CSE Action Plans for activities.
- Coordinate closely with KIAT’s Performance Unit in the implementation of KIAT’s Performance System, including leading participation in regular six-monthly cycles of setting progress markers against individual activity outcomes and reviewing progress towards their achievement.
- Facilitate KIAT, Australian Embassy and sub-contractor meetings and interactions with the relevant GOI stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of the staff reporting directly to the Senior Program Officer – Urban Mobility.
- Support coordination activities, information exchange and analysis with relevant GoI stakeholders.
- Provide direct technical assistance and support to GOI counterparts as jointly agreed with the Deputy Director Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery.
- Support the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of KIAT annual work plans in the urban mobility activities.
- Advise Program Officer(s) for the preparation and implementation of procurement plans and contracting arrangements with sub-contractors and service providers.
- Identify and assess risks to KIAT urban mobility activities and relationships and develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure prudent management of KIATs finances and take appropriate measures to maximise value for money in procurement, minimise fiduciary risk and avoid fraud.
- Participate in events, and dialogues with the relevant GoI counterparts, academia, development partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that consultations, meetings, and decision-making processes include representations of gender
- Other agreed inputs as requested by the Deputy Director Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery or delegate.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection: https://www.cardno.com/media/6473/tor-spo-urban-mobility-200928.pdf; About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Senior Program Officer – Urban Mobility
with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You have:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably with a major in Urban Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering and/or Transport Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Urban Transport Policy, Urban Transport Planning and Management.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building activities in the urban mobility sector.
- Experience in managing teams of consultants and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a complex, and cross-cultural operating environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key personnel in government.
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced skills with computer-based applications.
- Experience with donor processes and procedures preferred.
Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in Indonesia Rupiah and subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
Applicants must include a CV with 3 referees in their application: Closing Date
The position closes on 26 October 2020 About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job