Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID/Armenia Financing Self-Reliance Activity
. The overall goal of this project is to support Government of Armenia in building effective public financial management institutions, processes and systems to serve as a foundation for the implementation of its reform agenda and guide the country on its journey to self-reliance. The COP will be responsible for the entire program and its results, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high-level government and USAID officials. Responsibilities:
A Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between stakeholders in USAID/Armenia and in the public and private sectors. The Chief of Party will be required to:
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Cardno;
- Serve as a primary point of contact to liaise with USAID, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Lead in conducting internal control, financial management and risk assessments to identify and develop plans for addressing the risks associated with channeling USAID resources through Armenian counterpart systems;
- Strengthen financial management competencies of local organizations, host country government, and internal USAID/Armenia staff to identify and address risks;
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement;
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans;
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices;
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers timely results; and
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
- 10+ years of experience managing programs of a similar nature in a leadership and management role, of which five years was in a developing country in a senior leadership capacity managing a project team;
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in public financial management, accounting, auditing, or related fields;
- Demonstrated knowledge of public financial management in such areas as accountability, budgeting, expenditure management, domestic resource mobilization, and citizen oversight as demonstrated through previous program design and implementation;
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, large subcontracts, or grants under contract;
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID as well as public, private, and civil society partners;
- Experience working in Armenia, the Caucuses, and/or the Former Soviet Union highly desired;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required;
- Fluency in English.
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.