Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking candidates for a Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist
for the anticipated USAID Pacific Regional Initiative and Support for more Effective Counter-Trafficking in Persons (Pacific RISE CTIP) Project
. The objective of Pacific RISE CTIP is to combat trafficking in persons in the Pacific Island countries (Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) through: (1) Reduction in vulnerability to trafficking; (2) Enhanced mechanisms and strategies to prevent trafficking; (3) Improved protection services to victims; and, (4) Increased access to legal services and remedies. The program will support the U.S. government’s Indo-Pacific Vision of promoting democracy and strengthening civil society, human rights, rule of law, transparency, and accountability in the region. Role
The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist
will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust private sector engagement strategy for countering trafficking in persons. This includes developing partnerships and building relationships with the private sector, identifying opportunities for public-private partnerships, and working with specific high risk supply chains. S/he will be expected to: develop and implement strategies for outreach to private corporations and other potential partners, both at the national and regional level; develop and maintain relationships with private sector partners; coordinate private sector stakeholders’ cooperation in information sharing; foster engagement between private sector actors and civil society organizations in the region; work with suppliers in high risk supply chains on a range of CTIP activities; and, support the development of effective mechanisms for access to remedy for workers in target sectors. Qualifications
- Advanced degree in economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, or other related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience managing public-private sector engagement and partnership, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the Pacific Islands;
- At least three years’ experience – in the private, nonprofit or public sectors – on issues related to international development, private sector development, or another international development technical area (i.e. agriculture, climate change, education, health);
- Experience in developing partnerships in the context of international development, including identifying partnership opportunities, brokering and cultivating relationships, designing partnership arrangements, facilitating partner negotiations, and formalizing partnership deal structures;
- Private sector experience, ideally including work on issues related to the intersection of business and international development;
- Demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels in business and development sector contexts, and to build trust-based relationships with senior-level executives; and,
- Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private and nonprofit sectors, and an existing network of contacts to draw upon with respect to public-private partnerships for development.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.