28th September, 2020
Solomon Islands Education Sector Support Program
The Solomon Islands Education Sector Support Program (ESSP) provides the strategic direction and implementation arrangements for the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) combined investment to support the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) to implement its Education Strategic Framework 2016–2030 (ESF), the National Education Action Plan 2016-2020 (NEAP) and its successor.
The Program adopts a modified version of a sector-wide approach, using mixed-modalities. It positions the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD) as the central partner, adopts MEHRD’s ESF and NEAP as the guiding frameworks for all investment, promotes strengthened sector-wide donor coordination and provides the majority of Program funding through sector budget support. Funding is also available to support targeted capacity development and activities implemented by non-governmental organisations.
ESSP is managed under Australia’s Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) by Cardno.
The Program Manager will be a part of the Program Management Team (PMT) who are responsible for supporting the development and undertake the day-to-day management, implementation, coordination and administration of the Solomon Islands ESSP.
The Program Manager will support implementation of day-to-day activities, provide stakeholder partnership liaison and support, and contribute to the monitoring and reporting on the overall performance of the program and manage NGO grant arrangements.
The Program Manager will support the ESSP Team Leader to administer operations and support the team of technical advisers working within the PMT and MEHRD.
The adviser will also:
- Monitor and project manage the NGO Funding Arrangements from inception to closure and work with the SIRF Grants Unit, under the guidance of the ESSP Team Leader;
- Maintain strong collaboration with MEHRD in the overall management of NGO contestable Fund and coordinating (i) the committee responsible for reviewing and selecting successful proposals, (ii) annual reflection sessions with implementing NGOs;
- Work closely with the SIRF Finance team, to plan and allocate the program’s budget, monitor and forecast expenditure;
- Monitor and maintain records and key contacts of relevant complementary DFAT/MFAT bilateral and regional programs and work of other organisational/programs and facilitate linkages to ensure cohesive achievement of project outputs and deliverables which will contribute to the Education sector;
- Provide quality advice and support to ESSP Team Leader in relation to program planning and implementation, leadership support including the ability to prioritise and sequence multiple and sometimes competing program activities
- Contribute collaboratively to the development and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework which is aligned to the expected outcomes of the ESSP
- Support the ESSP Team Leader to ensure that Adviser ToRs, work plans and reporting are aligned to MEHRD and DFAT/MFAT priorities and expected outcomes
- Support the ESSP Team Leader to ensure that performance management of Advisers adds value by focusing on the quality and sustainability of Adviser outputs and progress against ToRs, work plans and expected program outcomes
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/345iXZ3 About you
Cardno encourages Solomon Islands nationals and nationals from other Pacific island countries to apply.
You will be a motivated and proactive individual with the right combination of experience, talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
Desired experience and knowledge
- Tertiary qualification in education, project management, business administration or similar.
- Five or more years’ relevant experience as a manager, program coordinator or relevant position;
- Experience in international development managing development programs in Solomon Islands and working with donors or civil society, or similar contexts (preferable the Pacific region);
- Demonstrated experience in activity and financial planning, project management and reporting to fulfil donor and contractor requirements;
- High level interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and cross-cultural skills including the ability to contribute to program reporting and policy dialogue;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-cultural and multi-location team with a range of stakeholders;
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organisation skills.
- Ability to converse in Pidgin English would be an advantage but not essential.
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/345iXZ3 Remuneration
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 2 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link:https://www.dfat.gov.au/sites/default/files/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara with regular provincial travel required. Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF)
The Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) is supported by the Australian Government and managed by Cardno. SIRF is an integrated facility that delivers both Technical Assistance (TA) and Deployee Support Services (DSS), in Solomon Islands. Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the ‘apply’ button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/PME by Sunday 25th October.
Your application must
include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/337is1j
If you are having any technical issues with submitting your application online, please email them directly to the SIRF recruitment team email@example.com About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job