17th September, 2020
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services, which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the role
Cardno ID is seeking a Project Accountant to join our International Development Assistance (IDA) business in Manila. This is a 12 months’ contract with the opportunity to go permanent.
Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant in Manila, this role will support the financial management of a selection of International Development Assistance (IDA) programs, will have skills in this area and work well within a team.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Cardno and its portfolio of programs adhere to contractual financial arrangements with our clients
- Management of compliance of project finance related activities in line with relevant Accounting Standards
- Leading the development of budgets, oversight of expenditure, and reporting on progress and completion of projects
- Project financial management including reconciliation of monthly accounts, ensuring accurate revenue recognition of projects, invoicing, developing costing for contract amendments, internal audit of project finances, providing training and on-going support to in-country project finance teams, assisting with cash flow management & reporting, and preparation of monthly expenditure and annual budgets for the program.
- Ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place for projects including auditing and training of in-country finance representatives
- Playing a key role during the start-up of the project including: establish financial policies and procedures for programs to fund and record expenditure on program activities and comply with the Cardno accounting policies and client contract requirements; establish and maintain the project chart of accounts; and train in-country finance staff in the use of those systems.
- Process and maintain financial management records for the program expenditure and provide regular reporting to the Program Director and the client as required in the contract and upon request.
- Forecast of projected project expenditure monthly for cash flow management and client reporting.
- Building meaningful relationships with Consultants/Senior Consultant, Project Managers, and the wider Asia Pacific Finance team
- Other duties as required
This is a great opportunity to step into your next role with excellent team support, and a competitive salary.
Please copy and paste this link to access further details on the role including an outline of the key responsibilities: https://bit.ly/3iEE22O
The successful candidate will possess a tertiary qualification in Accounting and/or other relevant degree and a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a similar role, with experience in establishing and maintaining effective financial procedures. The successful applicant is preferred to be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and has a demonstrated experience in a similar project accounting environment. Experience within the international development sector projects is desired.
Your experience and selection criteria should also include:
How to apply?
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills
- Intermediate and Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a remote administration team as well as work autonomously.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions when completing tasks required, ensuring key roles are completed within required timeframes and when asking for more work.
- Accurate numerical work and attention to detail.
- Positive, constructive attitude and ability to integrate feedback.
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by submitting your resume and covering letter providing a detailed response to the relevant experience above.
Applications close Wednesday, 30th September 2020. Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and advised of next steps in the recruitment and selection process.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Apply For Job
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.