Title: Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Expert
Employer: Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Fixed Term/Temporary: Fixed Term Background:
The Global Fund is a financial mechanism for dispersing large-scale funding to countries in order to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. Proposals for funding are made to the Global Fund through a Country Coordinating Mechanism, which as part its submission, identifies one or sometimes several Principal Recipients, which will receive and disburse funds for the disease program in the event that the proposal is successful. The Global Fund is represented in each country by a Local Fund Agent (LFA) which is responsible for: 1) assisting Global Fund during grant making by assessing workplan, budget, procurement plan and performance framework; 2) verifying program implementation; and 3) monitoring performance and impact.
As a Local Fund Agent for the Global Fund in Mongolia, Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. provides PR assessments, grant negotiations, verification of implementation services and performance and impact monitoring and other services that relate to the grants that are in place. PSM Expert
During implementation of the grants or PR assessments described above, the Global Fund will request the LFA to assess the grant recipient’s capacity to procure, manage and distribute pharmaceutical and other health products, review procurement plans, procurements of health products and pharmaceutical products already undertaken, pharmaceutical management systems, and more. The PSM Expert will be responsible for responding to the Global Fund’s requests as relates to PSM issues, including responsible for reviewing and assessing the PR and SRs selection, quantification, procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceutical and other health products, in cooperation with the rest of the LFA team.
The PSM Expert, in order to provide accurate advice regarding implementation performance, may need to:
- Visit Principal Recipient, sub-recipients, and/or program sites to discuss and view implementation progress;
- Review Principal Recipient’s Fiscal Year Progress Report and provide advice on any findings relevant to program performance;
- Review any other reports that may be submitted by Principal Recipient and forward these to Cardno with relevant comments on performance related information; and
- Review any updated procurement plans submitted by a Principal Recipient, provide advice on the appropriateness and reasonableness of these plans
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in medical science, pharmacy, public health, or other related field
- Extensive experience with Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
- Public Health expert with experience in HIV and TB programs at the national levels
- Fluent in oral and written Mongolian and strong English skills (all reports in English)
- Experience with and knowledge of the Global Fund
- Experience with medical laboratories
How to Apply:
Please apply by emailing your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line the title of the position of interest – “Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Expert, Global Fund Local Fund Agent (LFA) Mongolia.”
Post is advertised for Mongolian nationals only.