14th September, 2020
The Lead Adviser – Transport coordinates and supports the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and sustainability of KIAT activities in the transport sector. The position applies outstanding technical knolwedge to complex transport policies and ensures the high quality performance of supported activities. The Lead Adviser will be innovatve and results-orientated and ensure that KIAT activities are managed in a way to achieve lasting effectiveness to improve Indonesia’s infrastructure sector.
This role also involves the following key activities:
- Identify strategic development priorities and opportunities for KIAT support in close collaboration with the KIAT Senior Management Team and GOI counterparts.
- Establish effective working relationships with all relevant GOI
- Develop new activities in the transport sector and lead the preparation of concept notes, design documents, terms of reference and budgets.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to GOI counterparts in line with KIAT’s mandate and agreed priorities.
- Oversee the performance of individual sub-contractors and subcontractor firms to ensure that the quality of services is delivered and meets professional standards, and is delivered within the allocated time and budget.
- Prepare briefing notes, policy papers, progress reports, communications materials and other adhoc reporting relating to KIAT’s activities in the transport portfolio.
- Coordinate closely with KIAT’s Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Civil Society Engagement (GESI-CSE) section to identify actions across KIAT’s transport activities that promote gender equality and social inclusion for vulnerable groups, including identifying opportunities where CSE can help enhance impact. Coordination will include support for the production, implementation, and resourcing of GESI-CSE Action Plans for activities.
- Coordinate closely with KIAT’s Performance Unit in the implementation of KIAT’s Performance System, including leading participation in regular six-monthly cycles of setting progress markers against individual activity outcomes and reviewing progress towards their achievement.
- Facilitate KIAT, Australian Embassy and sub-contractor meetings and interactions with the relevant GOI stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of the staff reporting directly to the Lead Adviser.
- Support coordination activities, information exchange and analysis with development cooperation partners and relevant GoI stakeholders.
- Provide direct technical assistance and support to GOI counterparts as jointly agreed with the Deputy Director Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery.
- Support the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of KIAT annual work plans.
- Advise Senior Program Officer(s) and Program Manager for the preparation and implementation of procurement plans and contracting arrangements with sub-contractors and service providers.
- Identify and assess risks to KIAT activities and relationships and develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure prudent management of KIATs finances and take appropriate measures to maximise value for money in procurement, minimise fiduciary risk and avoid fraud.
- Participate in events, high level forums and dialogues with the relevant GoI counterparts, academia, development partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Other agreed inputs as requested by the Deputy Director Transport Policy, Planning and Delivery.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/6364/tor-lead-adviser-transport-200911.pdf;About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Lead Adviser
with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You have:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably with a major in Civil Engineering/Transport Policy/Transport Planning/Transport Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Transport Engineering, Transport Planning, and/or Infrastructure Financing, including in management positions and in areas relevant to the Indonesian context.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building activities in the transport sector.
- Experience in managing teams of consultants and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a complex, and cross-cultural operating environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key personnel in government and development partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills in English. Familiarity with Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
- Advanced skills with computer-based applications.
- Experience with donor processes and procedures preferred.
Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) C4. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in Indonesia Rupiah and subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
Applicants must include a CV with 3 referees in their application: Closing Date
The position closes on 30 September 2020 About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Apply For Job