Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
for the anticipated USAID Pacific Regional Initiative and Support for more Effective Counter-Trafficking in Persons (Pacific RISE CTIP) Project
. The objective of Pacific RISE CTIP is to combat trafficking in persons in the Pacific Island countries (Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) through: (1) Reduction in vulnerability to trafficking; (2) Enhanced mechanisms and strategies to prevent trafficking; (3) Improved protection services to victims; and, (4) Increased access to legal services and remedies. The program will support the U.S. government’s Indo-Pacific Vision of promoting democracy and strengthening civil society, human rights, rule of law, transparency, and accountability in the region. Role
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
will be responsible for implementing and managing the MEL team and activities, including the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans for a high-quality, results-oriented project focused on reducing trafficking in persons in the Pacific Islands. S/he will oversee the implementation of the program’s MEL activities, including the capacity development of key stakeholders, and data reporting requirements. The MEL Advisor will also serve as the liaison and point of contact with USAID and any external evaluation contractors throughout the life of the project. Qualifications
- Advanced degree in economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, or other related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience managing monitoring and evaluation in democracy, human rights, governance programming with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the Pacific Islands;
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities, such as gender-based violence, particularly in monitoring complex and hard to identify populations such as trafficked persons;
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design;
- Experience developing and/or using monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs, including indicator development, study design, and data analysis, with particular focus on democracy, governance, and human rights programs; and,
- Experience using knowledge management software or database.
>> << Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.