02nd September, 2020
Background: USAID PNG Lukautim Graun Program (LGP) aims to protect the country’s rich biodiversity that is increasingly threatened by industrial development, population growth, and other anthropogenic factors. LGP is a five-year program that supports the Government of PNG and its communities by strengthening the management of customary lands and waters that include key areas of terrestrial and marine biodiversity. The project is implemented by Cardno International Development, USA, and a consortium of strong conservation organizations already embedded in PNG that include The Nature Conservancy (TNC), the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) and the Woodland Park Zoo’s Kangaroo Tree Conservation Program (TKCP). LGP will operate from July 2019 through July 2024, and its target site is the Bismarck Forest Corridor which includes Jiwaka, Simbu and Eastern Highlands Provinces, in the Highlands and Morobe, and Madang Provinces on the coast.
LGP is currently expanding its online presence and refining its communications strategy to increase target audience outreach. To assist with this, LGP requires support from a web design consultant to set up a program website. While the program currently has a web page hosted by Cardno (https://www.cardno.com/projects/papua-new-guinea-biodiversity-program/), a full website is needed to improve project visibility and increase audience engagement (e.g., though a news/blog section).
- Guiding the team in the choice of a hosting platform and CMS;
- Liaising with relevant team members to understand website function and users' needs and identify corresponding interface requirements and functionalities;
- Designing and building the website as per requirements provided and in line with LGP branding. LGP will provide contents, photographs, and guidance on the desired design and structure. Changes have to be accommodated as the website concept and design evolves;
- Advising LGP on a sustainable long-term management and hosting strategy;
- Additional tasks as assigned by Chief of Party (COP).
Qualifications: Required Minimum Education:
- A responsive, fully developed, functional website with acceptable loading time;
- Configuration documentation and guidelines which clearly state how to manage the website and include details regarding web hosting arrangement, environment, and configuration.
University Degree in Computer Science, Public Relations, Marketing, or any related discipline or field with specialization in web design. Required Experience:
At least 7 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation-friendly websites. Knowledge and Skills:
Estimated Period of Performance:
- A broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, as well as new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java.
- Proven ability to understand website purpose and end-users needs to match with adequate technical solutions.
- Strong track record in SEO.
- Eye for design and attention to details.
- Fluency in English.
14 September, 2020 – 16 November, 2020 Estimated LoE:
20 days Equal Opportunity statement:
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter, including “PNG and Job Title” on the subject line of the email. CV and cover letter should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
Apply For Job