Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking a Chief of Party
for the anticipated USAID Papua New Guinea (PNG)/ Solomon Island Forest Governance opportunity. This program is anticipated to span five years and is currently valued at $10-25 Million. This sustainable landscapes program seeks to address the drivers of deforestation and forest degradation, unsustainable forest and land management, the lack of data to inform forest and land management decisions, and the lack of participatory land use planning and livelihood opportunities for forest-dependent communities. Role:
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate project adjustments. He/she shall act as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The COP is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management for the activity. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across the Pacific Islands as well as with the consortium of partners. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting, and security. The COP should demonstrate success applying innovative, sustainable solutions in challenging environments as the position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, and consistency under urgent deadlines. Qualifications
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
- At least a Master’s degree in forestry, natural resource management, sustainable landscapes or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing complex forest governance, sustainable landscape/forest management, and deforestation/degradation projects in developing countries, of which five years was overseas in a senior leadership role of a project that included managing a team;
- Extensive experience in the Pacific Islands required, experience in PNG and the Solomon Islands preferred;
- Experience supporting indigenous communities through alternative livelihood development, building awareness of resource rights (including customary land tenure/use), and/or building linkages to ecosystem service markets;
- Experience working collaboratively with local and regional civil society organizations, NGOs, private sector partners, faith-based organizations, universities, and non-sovereign civil society entities and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience--such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting--and procurement;
- Experience managing culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- USAID experience and understanding of key USAID priorities preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Cardno has a longstanding policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.