15th May, 2020
Cardno is a professional multidisciplinary consulting services company, with expertise in the management, design and contract administration of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Our team includes leading professionals who plan, design, implement and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CDD) and is quality endorsed in accordance with AS / NZS ISO 9001. Our head office is in Australia, with offices for the Asia Pacific region located in Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and the Philippines. Cardno was founded in 1945 and currently employs some 6,000 specialists working in over 130 offices in more than 100 countries.
Cardno International Development manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the program
The Cambodia Agricultural Value Chain Program Phase II (CAVAC II) is an economic development program, operating over six years between 2016–2021. It is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented by Cardno.
Working closely with Royal Cambodia Government ministries and the private sector, the program focuses on strengthening the competitiveness of the agriculture sector in order to contribute to inclusive economic growth.
About the role
We are seeking expressions of interest for a short-term Agriculture Policy Adviser who will provide high level policy advice to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forests and Fisheries on agriculture policy issues to assist the Government of Cambodia with its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This will involve providing technical and strategic advice on:
- Policy matters related to food production, international trade, rural livelihoods and food security, with a particular focus on balancing short term food security concerns with longer term competitiveness of the agriculture sector.
- Relevant current international developments related to food production and trade in agricultural products and how they might impact Cambodia.
- Lessons from international experience and research in relation to the above issues, particularly in the context of economic shocks.
We are seeking expressions of interest from advisers with experience in international development and agriculture who are interested in working with our highly dynamic and passionate team in Cambodia. Those with working experience in the Southeast Asia region are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
- Postgraduate qualifications in Agriculture, Economics or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in advising senior government officials (including at the Ministerial level) on food and agriculture policy
- Understanding of food production systems
- Understanding of the role of agriculture in inclusive economic development
- Experience working on DFAT or other donor-funded programs
We welcome your interest in Cardno and the CAVAC II program. If you satisfy the requirements above and you are looking for a challenging role in which you can make a difference, we would encourage you to apply.
Apply by submitting your updated resume and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability in response to the requirements of the role.
Expressions of interest close at 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 31st May 2020.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply For Job