The upcoming USAID Jordan Public Financial Management and Administration (PFMA) opportunity seeks to improve public financial management in Jordan by strengthening performance and efficiency of the existing revenue system and enhancing the budget management process. PFMA will focus on building capacity within Jordanian institutions to modernize the revenue system, encourage compliance, ease taxpayer ability to comply with tax obligations, improve budget planning/ preparation/ and execution, and enhance public procurement management. PFMA is anticipated to be a five year project.
The Chief of Party provides overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments. He/she shall act as the key liaison between the USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The Chief of Party should demonstrable success applying innovative, sustainable solutions in challenging environments, as the position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, and consistency under urgent deadlines. Qualifications Required Minimum Education:
Master’s degree in economics, public finance, public administration, law, business administration, or a related field. Required Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in economic and public policy reform and management of public finance, budgeting, or revenue mobilization initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience leading international development programs of similar scope, size, and complexity.
- Ability to work closely with and build capacity of key stakeholders including public and private sector representatives (GoJ officials, Ministries, think tanks, academia).
- Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience as Chief of Party for USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Established professional relationships with municipal officials working in the governance sector in Jordan is a plus.
- Experience supporting gender integration and equality for vulnerable populations (including people with disabilities) in fiscal and public financial management policies preferred.
- Deep contextual understanding of municipal governance in Jordan and/or experience working in public financial management in the Middle East or Northern Africa preferred.
- Arabic language skills preferred.
- Background, knowledge, and experience in gender equality or social inclusion/protection.
- Proven experience working with USAID and knowledge of USAID’s global strategies.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development, and anti-corruption.
- Ability to be flexible to changes in working hours where required.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Fluency in English required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage through systems
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
Interpersonal Savvy, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communications, Process Management/Improvement, Risk Management, Drive for Results, Personal Learning, Functional/Technical Skills Equal Opportunity statement:
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.