29th November, 2019
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility operations (Facility Unit) to ensure effective service delivery, including:
- Conducts procurement and contract management of technical assistance and supports performance management
- Provides support services (management of residential accommodation, maintenance services and security) for Australian Government’s deployees and technical advisers; and
- Financial management and reporting including monitoring and evaluation of the Facility
The Facility Unit is a critical source of operational support to DFAT, deployees and Technical Advisers (TA) as they attempt to navigate a shifting operating context, consolidate previous achievements while also prioritising new ways of working to ensure Australia’s assistance better achieves service delivery impact.
The Facility Unit supports DFAT and works across every sector under the bilateral program in Solomon Islands, including Governance, Justice, Health, Education, Economic Growth, Transport, Disaster Preparedness. The role
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for leading the end-to-end grants management, ensuring compliance with the Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines (2017), DFAT’s Aid Grant Policy (2017) and Cardno’s SIRF Grants Manual (to be developed).
The Grants Coordinator will be the key focal point for Grant partners and DFAT program teams on grant administration matters relating to implementation and overall grant management.
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Development and roll out a SIRF Grants Manual, including aligning monitoring and reporting (narrative and budget) processes as per DFAT and SIRF policies, procedures and MEL Frameworks
- Setting up new operational processes and templates to aid the management of grants by the centralised Unit.
- Work closely with the Grants Officer and SIRF Finance team on budget development, cost-monitoring, and budget-reporting requirements.
- Review Grant Partner narrative and financial reports, facilitate inputs from DFAT (or delegate), provide feedback to Grant Partner and monitor implementation of actions.
For further information detailing responsibilities and selection criteria, please copy and paste this link to access the Terms of Reference: https://bit.ly/2OtKayd About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Grants expert with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent related to International Relations, Business Management, Accounting/Financial Management or other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years or more professional experience in grants management preferably on large donor funded programs
- Exceptional skills in effective communication (both written and verbal) and maintaining effective working relationships with donor and Grant Partner stakeholders
- Proven experience in project management and monitoring, and ability to produce high quality written reports for a donor audience (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and budget monitoring including familiarity with grant financial management procedures
- Experience with implementing the Commonwealth Procurement Rules or similar and contract management skills.
- Ability to train and mentor Grant Partners on grant management and compliance with DFAT policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Solomon Islands
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 2 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara with regular provincial travel required. Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/KT/SIRF/GC by Sunday 5th January, 2020
. Your application must
include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/37NSTCQ
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Apply For Job