28th November, 2019
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery.
The Economic Growth Program forms part of Australia’s long-term bilateral development assistance agreed with the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) under the Partnership for Development and Aid Investment Plan. Australian assistance addresses constraints to growth in Solomon Islands' economy by:
- supporting infrastructure programs essential for business and trade
- engaging strategically with Solomon Islands Government through dialogue on economic and fiscal policy
- aiding improves public financial management
- advocating for reform on the existing regulatory and compliance burden on business
Australia’s portfolio of economic activities aims to catalyse private sector investment and increase opportunities for inclusive growth, by:
- reducing costs to business by addressing systemic constraints to growth and improving the business enabling environment
- addressing barriers to economic participation by Solomon Islanders, particularly women
- supporting specific projects that will increase business investment, trade or employment.
The Investment Adviser will be based at the Solomon Islands Ministry of Finance and Treasury (MoFT) and will provide high level economic and investment advice to government on identifying complex national economic development projects particularly in the productive and resource sectors, and support the development of a strategy for attracting investment for new Public Private Partnerships (PPPs).
The Adviser will support counterparts to work effectively with all stakeholders, including other Government Ministries, finance institutions including the Central Bank of Solomon Islands (CBSI), private sector entities and donor partners (muti-lateral, bilateral and regional), to develop projects that will contribute to increased revenue and hence economic growth and development in the Solomon Islands.
The Investment Adviser will work alongside key counterparts in MoFT to support the Executive Office and:
- Provide high level investment and economic policy advice on possible projects, infrastructure proposals and PPPs that will potentially contribute to increased revenue and sustainable economic development.
- Review the PPP framework that defines and identifies procedures, rules and institutional responsibilities that determine how the government selects, implements and manages PPP projects. Advise on improvements or reforms as required.
- Support government to review and analyse proposals from cost-benefit analysis, return on investment and risk management perspectives for national economic development projects, and provide accurate, evidence-based advice to the minister.
- Maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including AHC representatives, the Governance Program Office, SIRF and other Advisers (including economic advisers in The Economic Reform Unit -ERU)
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/34rh7Rp About you
You will be a motivated and proactive economist with the right combination of experience, talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification/s in Economics.
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in economic development.
- Extensive experience advising senior government officials on national policies aimed at driving economic growth and investment, particularly in area of PPPs.
- Extensive experience in preparing potential PPP projects in different sectors, including cost-benefit and risk analysis.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills including the ability to translate complex ideas and concepts to others.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain effective and constructive relationships with multiple stakeholders in a cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cross-cultural capacity building approaches and methods to bring about individual, organisational and institutional improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of, or experience in applying gender equality and anti-corruption strategies.
- Experience working in the Pacific Islands is desirable, but not mandatory.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline D, Level 4 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara with regular provincial travel required. Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/IA by Sunday 12th January 2020.
Your application must
include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/2KZg43u
The successful candidate will need to be available to take up the role in early 2020. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Apply For Job