08th November, 2019
About the program
Australia’s support to Papua New Guinea’s (PNG) transport sector is delivered through the Papua New Guinea-Australia Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP). TSSP commenced in 2007 as a 15- to 20-year commitment to support the Government of Papua New Guinea to achieve a safer, more reliable well-maintained transport infrastructure network. The Project Management and Supervision Consultancy (PMSC) supports the effective and efficient planning and delivery of road maintenance and rehabilitation contracts in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville funded by the Papua New Guinea (PNG) – Australia Transport Sector Support Program Phase 2 (TSSP).
About the role
Cardno ID is currently seeking to fill a Team Leader role who will oversee all facets of the PMSC consulting services. The successful candidate will strive to ensure accountability and effective implementation of the TSSP Component 1 road maintenance and rehabilitation works in Bougainville. S/he will be primarily responsible for the PMSC achieving the highest performance standards consistent with the Performance Criteria defined in the contract.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Overall management of the PMSC team, including the Project Supervisors, Finance Manager, Capacity Building Specialist and Social Safeguards Officer, and other consultants recruited to assist, particularly with setting up and administering Community Works Arrangements. Ensure that all obligations under the PMSC contract are fulfilled to the requested quality and timeframe.
- Overall responsibility for achieving the highest possible ratings against the four (4) PMSC performance criteria set out in the contract. Overall responsibility for reporting the TSSP Component 1 performance in Bougainville against the Component 1 M&E Framework detailed in the contract.
- Overall responsibility for consolidating and presenting PMSC reports; and over-sighting the preparation of other Technical Reports. The Team Leader will present such reports to the Quarterly review, including representing the Cardno’s position on performance and performance payments under the Contract.
You are a motivated Team Leader with demonstrated ability to effectively senior-level counterparts on program implementation and management matters, sector policy, and research and innovation. You will possess a high level leadership and management skills, including substantial project team leadership experience on externally-assisted development projects in recipient countries.
Your selection criteria will also include:
- Tertiary engineering qualifications and eligibility for membership of the Institute of Engineers PNG (or equivalent related professional memberships in PNG and elsewhere).
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 10 years of experience in the management of road maintenance and rehabilitation including in PNG or other developing countries and remote locations.
- Sensitivity to gender, HIV/AIDS, environmental and development issues
- The ability to uphold the credibility of TSSP.
- Familiarity with the land transport sector in Bougainville, including asset management and development practices, institutional and financial arrangements, sector policy directions, key stakeholders, and operational settings in the field. (Highly desirable)
- Demonstrated capacity development experience and skills, particularly competency based technical mentoring. (Highly desirable)
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining Cardno. Please click ‘apply’ and send your CV together with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria of the role.
Applications close at 5PM (AEST), November 21 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our International Development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include relevant criminal record checks.
Apply For Job