08th October, 2019
Cardno are seeking a Junior Project Manager.
About the role
As Junior Project manager you will support all aspects of Cardno’s programme and project management and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively support the effective management of Cardno’s projects and programmes to ensure the company maintains effective control of all aspects of programme implementation.
- Ensure that all project management systems and procedures being adopted by projects are appropriate for the needs of the specific programme and the requirements of clients, Cardno and other key stakeholders.
- Support corporate initiatives for administrative/corporate process development and improvement, particularly concerning project management.
- Support compliance to client and international donor eligibility requirements for project management and administration.
- As required, support with pursuing new business with a primary focus on DFID, FCO and other international donors and clients.
Manage a portfolio of programmes / projects, including responsibility as designated Junior Project Manager.
This will include the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Directors to ensure the project teams are supported and the projects are appropriately resourced, with due attention to client contract parameters at all times.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients, project teams, stakeholders and service-providers.
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up, implementation and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, monitoring control of project work plans.
- Monitor and control financial performance of projects, including expenditure against budgets and forecasts – including staffing costs, operating expenses and procurements.
- Oversee project procurement processes, working closely with project procurement personnel.
- Manage client and (where appropriate) partner relationships to ensure all stakeholder expectations are incorporated into project management decisions.
- Oversee contractual compliance in all areas in projects managed.
- Manage project staff performance.
- Compile, review and edit programme progress and other technical reports, offering analytical advice and recommendations for quality improvement as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of project personnel.
- Assist in the negotiation, preparation and amendment of project personnel and subcontractor and other supplier contracts.
- Manage project field teams and serve as a liaison between Cardno corporate services and project operations staff.
- As required, support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the in-country entities and projects.
- Ensure project issues and risks are managed and reported as required.
- Support project advocacy and communications with internal and external stakeholders. This includes reviewing project information for social and other communications media.
- Set-up and maintain project management databases.
- Support with the review and monitor project technical reports/outputs.
- Monitor, review and endorse consultants'/suppliers’ expenses/invoices against contracts and budgets.
- Track and report on project/personnel movements.
- Ensure that all project management systems and procedures are followed consistently.
- Support business development with identify and monitoring strategic commercial opportunities through the projects managed and their location
- Represent Cardno at client, industry and government events
- Contribute to the development, review and/or revision of corporate strategy(ies), policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding Cardno core values and behavioural standards.
- Contribute to sharing lessons learned of projects managed to feed into Cardno’s knowledge management library.
You will have a good depth of experience in project management and a keen interest in International Development. You will also bring with you:Minimum Education and Experience
*UK work authorisation required Why join Cardno?
- University-level degree in economics, international development and/or other relevant development qualification
- Experience working in an international development consultancy/organisation
- Proven success with assisting to manage contracts demonstrating detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively utilise financial information.
- Proven experience managing projects/programmes funded by international donors (e.g. DFID, FCO, World Bank, European Union, DFAT, AfDB, ADB).
- Proven experience in managing a multi-year international development technical assistance programme.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multinational and multidisciplinary project teams and manage and coordinate multiple stakeholders – including governments, research institutes and local consulting companies/subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to carry-out both on- and off- site project management support on international donor funded technical assistance projects/programmes.
- Demonstrated experience working internationally onsite in developing countries.
- Able to travel internationally, including Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, including parental leave, purchased leave and flexible working arrangements. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply online at by 31st October 2019. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require the necessary due diligence checks. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Apply For Job