11th July, 2019
To provide short term legal research and advisory support to LKPP on probity requirements for procurement under the PPP scheme. As part of this, the Short-Term Adviser (STA) will review local legislation and policy with reference to international best practice to identify probity requirements and recommend options to identify and manage perceived, potential and actual conflicts of interest under the PPP scheme in Indonesia.
This role also involves the following key activities:
- The STA will work in direct collaboration with LKPP counterpart(s) to complete key activities. Key activities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review legislation, policy and processes for procurement under the PPP scheme with reference to international best practice, stakeholders’ respective roles and responsibilities, compliance with key stages and controls and principles of fairness, integrity, impartiality and confidentiality.
- Identify and analyse probity issues, principles and management techniques including, for example, risk assessments to identify potential probity issues; probity plans with mitigation measures and responsibilities prior to commencement of the procurement process; procedures for management of procurement processes to minimise the risk of probity issues; advice on how emerging issues can be resolved or managed (e.g. conflicts of interest); and probity roles and experts (e.g. process advisers, probity advisers and probity auditors).
- Document and agree recommendations and a subsequent work plan to strengthen probity under the PPP scheme, including respective stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities, implementation plan for policy, legislative or regulatory change, and guidance on training for relevant stakeholders.
- The STA will work in direct collaboration with LKPP to undertake key activities and build LKPP’s capacity to undertake these and similar activities in the future. The STA will ensure key activities comprise of stakeholder consultation to ensure shared understanding and agreement on potential probity issues and subsequent policy and regulations. The work will involve close consultation with the PPP Joint Office and any other consultants engaged by KIAT supporting LKPP, where appropriate.
The STA will work in direct collaboration with LKPP to undertake key activities and build LKPP’s capacity to undertake these and similar activities in the future. The STA will ensure key activities comprise of stakeholder consultation to ensure shared understanding and agreement on potential probity issues and subsequent policy and regulations. The work will involve close consultation with the PPP Joint Office and any other consultants engaged by KIAT supporting LKPP, where appropriate.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
https://www.cardno.com/media/4645/tor-legal-probity-final.pdf; About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Legal Probity Expert
with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You have:
- Literature review of the policy, legal and regulatory framework relevant to the PPP scheme and Preparatory Agency.
- Work together with relevant GoI stakeholders to review (planning, research, consultation, analysis, conclusion and evaluation) relevant legislation and regulations in line with international best practice methodology.
- Work together with relevant GoI stakeholders on the development of new and/or amended draft regulations for Preparatory Agency.
- Develop briefing and supporting documentation for new and/or amended regulations, including briefing, review, draft regulations, explanatory memorandum and implementation plan etc.
- Develop guidance/capacity building plan for the implementation of new and/or amended regulations, including consultation and training for GCAs on enforcement of the draft regulation(s).
- Document and prioritise related follow-up work to prepare required primary and secondary legislation, or legislative amendments, necessary for the implementation of the PPP scheme and compliance with prevailing laws and regulations.
The STA(s) will work in direct collaboration with LKPP to develop and complete outputs and build LKPP’s capacity to undertake these and similar activities in future. The work will involve close consultation with the PPP Joint Office and any other consultants engaged by KIAT supporting LKPP, where appropriate. Remuneration
Based on the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) and initially assessed as ARF classification C4. Remuneration is subject to the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in Indonesia Rupiah and subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. Information on the ARF can be found at the following link: www.dfat.gov.au Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
Applicants must include the following items in their application:
1) Response to the Selection Criteria (maximum three pages). Applications not responding to the Selection Criteria may not be assessed.
2) Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3) Two referees including name and contact details.
Note: the selection process will include an assessment of writing skills. Closing Date
The position closes on 31 July 2019. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Apply For Job