12th June, 2019
Puisne Judge, High Court of Solomon Islands
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery.
The Solomon Islands Justice Program (SIJP) is supported by the SIRF, and works towards the Solomon Islands Government’s overall vision for the justice sector as expressed in the Justice Sector Strategic Framework; “Communities in Solomon Islands have greater access to a credible justice system that supports the rule of law”.
The SIJP works with a number of agencies including the Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs, the Correctional Service Solomon Islands and the Police Prosecutions Directorate, and the Solomon Islands Governance Program to further the common goal for communities in Solomon Islands to be safer and have better access to services.
Join Cardno in Honiara, Solomon Islands to strengthen the institution of the National Judiciary in support of Program objectives and planned outcomes through the provision of in-line support to the High Court.
This role also involves:
- Adjudicating matters before the High Court of Solomon Islands efficiently and effectively
- Where appropriate, delivering mentoring to members of the judiciary
- Assisting the Chief Justice in identifying and implementing operational reforms in the High Court, including those which address delays and court backlogs
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4528/puisne-judge-tor-040619.pdf About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Judge with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Legal studies or relevant area
- Minimum of 15 years of legal experience including at least ten years as a judge of a court of superior civil jurisdiction in a common law jurisdiction.
- Demonstrated experience in courtroom management and an ability to efficiently manage cases.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equity and disability inclusion issues in planning, practices and in support of service delivery.
- A sound (or the capacity to quickly acquire) an understanding of Solomon Islands or Pacific development context
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline D, Level 4 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara, Solomon Islands with potential provincial travel. Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/PJ by Sunday 7th July, 2019
. Your application must
include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://www.cardno.com/media/4529/application-form-puisne-judge.pdf
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Apply For Job