Cardno Emerging Markets (East Africa) Ltd
. is part of Cardno’s International Development team, consisting of development assistance offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C. Our business has a global presence and strong commitment to use and build local capacity. With a workforce of 5,900 professionals in over 130 offices, Cardno operates across more than 100 countries. Cardno International Development has helped to advance communities and markets in developing nations for 50 years.
Cardno’s representative office in Nairobi, Kenya, established in 1989 has implemented more than 100 projects. Our high quality, value-for-money programmes range from short studies to multi-year activities for a variety of clients across the public and private sectors in Kenya and within Eastern Africa. These include the U.K. Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Union (EU), Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Nike Foundation, Tullow Oil, Philips, and GSK.
Cardno Emerging Markets (East Africa) is currently seeking a full-time Recruitment Specialist in Nairobi. The Recruitment Specialist will work closely with the Business Development and Project Management teams of various business units within the Europe and Africa Area (in Kenya, the UK and/or Belgium) to support the sourcing of experts on future and ongoing projects.
He or she will apply best practices to expert sourcing and expert engagement.
Two of the role’s main objectives consist in i) contributing to the enlargement of Cardno’s consultant network and internal expert database and ii) assisting in ensuring that the highest caliber experts are selected for our offers.
The role will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting and posting advertisements on appropriate websites and social media;
- Conducting searches for experts in Cardno’s in-house and external databases;
- Screening, contacting and negotiating with experts in coordination with the recruitment and project teams;
- Conducting expert reference checks;
- Uploading CVs in Cardno’s in-house database;
- Continually monitor and seek to improve the process of expert identification and selection;
- Building long-term relationships with experts to maximise collaboration;
- Designing expert profiles in pre-positioning phases;
- Assisting the proposal teams with the evaluation, selection, tailoring and formatting of experts’ CVs for proposals;
- Collecting and verifying expert administrative compliance documents (past work certificates, copies of diplomas, etc.);
- Maintaining the recruiting mailbox.
To be selected in this role, you are requested to demonstrate the following:
- University degree in social sciences or a relevant field – a Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred;
- A minimum prior experience of 3 years in business development or project management activities of a development consultancy, or similar organisation, of which at least 1 year in expert sourcing, recruitment or talent acquisition;
- Demonstrated success interacting with all levels of professional staff;
- A proactive, solutions-oriented attitude for identifying, attracting and retaining the best consultants in line with business needs;
- Experience in working as part of a team as well as autonomously, with proven ability to efficiently handle time pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with excellent written and verbal command of English;
- Working proficiency in French is a strong asset; additional languages will be additional assets;
- Prior exposure to expert recruitment under donor-funded development projects is desirable.
Cardno offers the opportunity to work in a growth oriented international organisation within a dynamic and multicultural team. The selected candidate will receive intensive on-the-job training and coaching.
Interviews will be held in June 2019. The position is expected to start on August 2019.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please apply online along with your CV and cover letter before
” in your email subject.
Must be eligible to work in Kenya.
Please visit www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about us.