11th January, 2019
Cardno is currently seeking a Senior Road Designer to support and lead the Design team within our Roads group. The focus of this role is in road design as well as management of a small team, and will be integral in the successful delivery of many large scale Road and Transport projects. Based in our St Leonards office on Sydney’s lower north shore, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive global organisation with a great team culture.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- The provision of accurate and efficient engineering design services in accordance with relevant standards
- Ensuring timely delivery of road designs and high quality documentation
- Project scoping and preparation of Road and Transport tender bids
- Managing key projects from start to finish in line within specifications, time and budget
- Building and managing client relationships through effective and business development
- Mentoring and sharing your technical experience with less experienced designers and drafters
- Complying with the company's Quality Management system
You will be a proactive, experienced Designer with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You are also self-motivated, a proficient leader, and eager to drive the business forward. Additionally, you will display:
Benefits at Cardno
- 8+ years of design experience within roads and highways with knowledge of technical standards and industry practice
- Familiarity with local authority and state government approval and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency using 12D or MX design packages
- Experience with Australian major road authorities (RMS project experience desirable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
We offer a supportive and engaging working environment, in a convenient location by St Leonards train station. Cardno encourages staff wellbeing by sponsoring various social and sporting activities, and genuine work/life balance through flexible working arrangements, and an established recognition and rewards program. Further advantages include:
- Modern office with excellent facilities and entertaining areas
- Convenient location, close to Public Transport, as well as cafés and restaurants
- Financial and Corporate employee benefit offers and discounts
- Outstanding training and development opportunities
- Industry leading parental leave benefits
- Purchase leave scheme
- Additional personal leave for parents with children under 5
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter, with the reference number S19 / 9830 / 016.5,
by 8th February 2019 About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Apply For Job