11th January, 2019
Cardno South Coast Wollongong Office are looking to expand its capabilities by appointing an experienced Traffic Engineer to build and lead the team to further growth.
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Based in Wollongong, the Illawarra region offers a relaxed coastal lifestyle that is spoilt with a stunning natural environment and an array of facilities from restaurants, bars, cafes, retail outlets and recreational activities. Cardno employs over 100 staff in Wollongong and we offer a large range of projects within both the public and private sector, across multiple development types. We provide the opportunity to work with a range of disciplines, helping to develop your broader development understanding, while driving multidisciplinary outcomes.
Key responsibilities you will be required to undertake include:
- Further develop your traffic engineering and transport planning technical skills
- Work with experienced teams delivering a variety of traffic and transport projects
- Work on a diverse range of domestic and international projects including traffic engineering design, transport and traffic operations and transport infrastructure planning
- Work with a friendly and motivated team of professionals in a great environment
- Work in a flexible environment that suits your individual needs
With a passion for shaping traffic solution outcomes, you will be involved hands on with the technical assessment of projects. Over time, this position will allow you to develop and build your management and client relationship skills. You will work alongside experienced traffic and transport professionals assisting you to develop your skills and enhance your career. Your Experience
Why join Cardno?
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the traffic and transport industry including familiarity with best practice technical assessment tools
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (ideally with a Traffic/Transport major) and familiarity with Austroads documents
- Knowledge and experience within the Australian market (NSW ideally)
- Local government experience and client relationship management
- Strong knowledge in modelling and microsimulation (experience using / understanding how SIDRA / AIMSUN work)
- A commercial commitment to complete projects on time and within budget, leading projects and preparing tender documents
- Experience preparing traffic studies and providing traffic engineering advice
- A proven ability to actively contribute to a team of professional staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, and to help you balance your career and personal life. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter with the reference number W18 / 9830 / 043. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Apply For Job