International Women’s Economic Empowerment Adviser
The International Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Adviser will play a key role in promoting WEE in Cambodian agriculture, and in mainstreaming gender and WEE across all of CAVAC’s activities. The role
Join Cardno in Phnom Penh, Cambodia to play an integral role in as the WEE Adviser in the Cambodia, Agricultural Value Chain Program Phase II (CAVAC II). Women’s Economic Empowerment is an essential cross-cutting theme of CAVAC. As part of its work to promote WEE in Cambodian agriculture, the Program supports the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and the Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology (MOWRAM) to update and implement national gender mainstreaming policies and strategies. CAVAC also aims to mainstream gender and WEE across all of its activities.
This role involves:
- Building on existing gender and WEE activities undertaken by CAVAC
- Development of an Gender and WEE Action Plan
- Ensuring appropriate management arrangements are in place for the delivery of The Plan
- Ensuring CAVAC has a clear narrative for explaining its responses to gender and WEE issue
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/3620/tor-international-wee-adviser.pdf About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Women’s Economic Empowerment Adviser with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A postgraduate qualification in gender, development, or a related field
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding theoretical base in WEE and gender equality in agricultural and rural development balanced with practical experience in strategy delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, design, implement, and assess strategy and policy
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of WEE interventions
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to mainstream WEE and gender into complex programs, including building staff awareness, engagement, and capability through training and other means
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to constructively engage with DFAT, private and public sector, development partners, and other stakeholders.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline B, Level 4 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role. To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/SF/CAVAC/WEE by the 16th December 2018, local time. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
We thank all applicants applying to this role. Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.