Join Cardno in Honiara, Solomon Islands to support the Head of the National Transport Fund Secretariat and the National Transport Fund Board by providing technical and strategic advice on key transport policy issues that come before the Board.
This role also involves:
- Working with the Program Team Lead and the Undersecretary Technical in implementing the agreed actions from the Mid-term Review of the National Transport Fund Program.
- Drawing on international best practice, supporting effective and strategic decision making by providing high-quality transport technical, policy and planning advice to the Board, Technical Working Group, Ministry of Infrastructure Development Permanent Secretary, Undersecretary Technical and other Ministry of Infrastructure Development and Solomon Island Government officials, including providing independent advice on submissions to the Board.
- Support the Secretariat in ensuring the National Transport Fund’s strategic framework is current, relevant and deliverable.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/3611/tor-transport-policy-and-planning-specialist.pdf About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Transport Specialist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
Why join Cardno?
- Tertiary degree qualifications in a relevant academic discipline (e.g. engineering, transport/urban planning).
- Demonstrated relevant experience (10 years +) in transport policy and strategic planning, including in developing and implementing medium to long-term maintenance and investment plans and reviewing project proposals.
- Experience working in complex multi-stakeholder environments.
- Proven success in individual and organisational capacity development and sustainability of efforts, particularly the demonstrated ability to effectively share knowledge, mentor and coach people in a cross-cultural environment.
- Proven management, organisational and communications skills to deliver high-quality and timely advice and products while dealing with competing priorities and time pressures.
- Relevant experience in a developing country context, preferably in the Pacific, demonstrating cross-cultural skills in communicating sensitively and effectively, and maintaining a constructive approach to interpersonal dealings.
- Understanding of the importance of cross-cutting development issues, such as gender, anti-corruption and disability.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the "apply" button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MT/SIRF/TPPS by Sunday, 16th December 2018. Your application must
include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://www.cardno.com/media/3612/application-form_transport-policy-and-planning-adviser.pdf
For any enquiries about this position, please contact email@example.com quoting "CID/MT/SIRF/TPPS- query" in your email subject line. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.