16th September, 2022
Contract: Permanent - Full time
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Principal Policy Advisor or a seasoned Senior Policy Advisor looking for a progression opportunity to join a high performing team to influence and advise government on policy development for our Pacific people. Bringing solid experience and an understanding of the mechanics of New Zealand government, you will well be versed in managing complex and strategic policy work that aligns with statutory requirements.
You will have an enormous impact working on the development of policy that enables better outcomes for Pacific Aotearoa. You will be engaged in strategic policy research, analysis and development including cross-agency collaboration to connect you with central government on work critical to improving Pacific well-being. You will be working across multiple policy pieces which will provide broad visibility across key portfolios, meaning significant opportunities to grow your skills and expertise.
This is an exciting time to join us
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples (MPP) makes a significant contribution towards improved outcomes for Pacific Peoples. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into the fabric of New Zealand government.
In our work, we are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity on behalf of all Pacific peoples, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific families and communities in providing advice to government. We have a key role in supporting and leveraging opportunities for cross-government collaboration and better coordination of government’s investments in initiatives for Pacific peoples.
What we look for in our Principal Advisors
Working with us
- Highly developed policy skill set who can provide robust and evidence based policy advice across a broad range of complex issues.
- Capability to deliver work programmes that align with and support the Ministry’s strategic direction for improved outcomes for Pacific well-being.
- Well demonstrated tenure and experience across New Zealand’s central government – understands how to navigate parliamentary forums and cross agency engagement
- Confident at establishing and maintaining strong external partnerships and collaborates across government stakeholders to influence policy advice and identify policy opportunities for Pacific Peoples
- Ability to support the development and delivery of strategic policy advice, including innovative policy options and formulating policy strategies.
At MPP, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our Lalanga Fou goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand. We offer
attractive employment benefits including market salary, healthcare insurance, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People. How to apply
Please complete an online application form through our careers site at www.mpp.govt.nz. If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and ref: 914330 in the subject line.
To see a copy of the job description please copy and paste the below link:
https://www.mpp.govt.nz/assets/People-Culture/Recruitment-Job-Descriptions/Principal-Policy-Advisor_Influence-and-Advice-team_June-2021.pdf?vid=3 Closing date: 30 September 2022.
Apply For Job