14th September, 2021
Manager Strategic Communications – External Relations, Wellington, Permanent
- Accountability for promoting strategic vision across all our external communication channels
- Cohesively working with our policy, planning, and reporting teams on communication priorities
- Leading a high performing team and developing communication strategies to promote policies and programmes to our Pacific People Communities
The Manager, Strategic Communications and External Relations position set’s, coordinates and guides the implementation of activity by working directly with our Policy, Planning and reporting teams to deliver against agreed priorities. The framing and explaining of key policies and key messages are vital within any agency, and you will lead a high performing team to ensure those messages are meaningful to our community groups and key stakeholders. About us
The Ministry of Pacific Peoples make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific Peoples. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples. To be successful in this role you will bring:
Working for us:
- Strong leadership experience in the development of internal and external communications strategies and managing the implementation.
- Experience managing external relationships with media, event and production, cross-agency communications groups, and sponsorship relations.
- Specialist media relations experience and obtaining market insights to support our policy, planning and reporting teams, as well as Executive team to ensure awareness of market dynamics that impact our Pacific Peoples communities.
- Proven success in strategic communications plans for projects and ensuring communication activities are implemented on time and within budget.
- Solid understanding of best practice advice around marketing and communications issues, trends, and developments.
- Providing through leadership in the implementation of all internal and external communications across our external channels which will include presentations and speeches for our Chief Executive and other Ministry staff as required, as well as media content.
- An ability to lead a team that performs to a high standard and at a pace that can be challenging at time – promoting a culture of support and growth.
- Role model for the Ministry of Pacific People culture and our vision.
- Thriving Pacific Languages, Cultures and Identifies
- Prosperous Pacific Communities
- Resilient and Healthy Pacific Peoples
- Confident thriving and resilient Pacific Young People.
At the Ministry of Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People.
At the Ministry of Pacific Peoples, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our business goals.
Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand.
If you would like more information, or wish to apply please email email@example.com quoting the position title and vacancy ID in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required. Applications close on Sunday 3 October
Apply For Job