Project Coordinator – Policy Operations
Wellington, Fixed Term 12 months
- Super organised and well planned with bringing together a team who support funding through on-line applications within a project
- Some understanding of policy as this develops into project work that has meaningful outcomes for our Pacific communities
- Strong administration skills – attention to detail and ability to support a project team
Ensuring better outcomes for our Pacific people across Aotearoa is a must and, in this role, you will help deliver them. Your project skills in coordinating activities such as on-line applications and minuting meetings that brings the Policy project team together that delivers funding to Pacific providers by understanding the fundamentals of procurement and contracts.
We have a lot of work to do, and this team works at a fast pace, the role and the team are very delivery focused and require a Project Coordinator who can bring together multiple layers to the project in coordinator way that ensure every team member knows that is happening and needs to be done. Tracking documentation, managing and supporting with online applications and ensuring our funding process are running seamlessly. What you will do in this role is:
Working for us
- Support in the delivery of funding by providing administrative support to the project lead and the wider team.
- Utilise your understanding of contract management and procurement skills that relate to funding.
- Engage with Pacific businesses and groups to ensure their reporting requirements are received on time and completed.
- Collate funding applications and ensuring that they meet basic criteria requirements.
- Prepare relevant documentation for internal and external stakeholders, e.g., funding letters, paperwork for funding panel.
- Provide secretariat support in meetings where required
- Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure that all processes are completed, e.g., procurement, finance.
- Participate positively in team meetings, planning and events
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the wider team to ensure that day-to-day work activities are aligned and in support of Ministry vision and goals
- Assist the Policy Operations team and the wider Ministry with planning and delivery of events as required
- Bring demonstrated ability to prioritise competing demands and deliver work on-time, while excelling in a fast-paced environment.
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, health insurance for our permanent employees, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of Pacific peoples and our workplace reflects the culture and values of Pacific peoples.
Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded through your contribution to positive outcomes for Pacific peoples, all the while being part of a welcoming Pacific family within the Ministry.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required.
Applications close on 14 June 2021.