28th May, 2021
Policy Advisor – Operations
- Utilising policy experience into a meaningful and rewarding programmes of work
- Supply the design and delivery of policies to enable better outcomes for our Pacific People
- Pacific economic development focus
Ensuring better outcomes for our Pacific people across Aotearoa is a must and in this role you will help deliver them. Your involvement in supporting a programme of work through robust and quality policy advice will help make significant change. The team works at a fast pace, are very delivery focused and require a Policy Advisor who can lead and support projects that impact Pacific communities and influence policy development.
As a Policy Advisor, you will have the skills and ability to engage with Pacific communities and to influence stakeholders through high-quality, evidence-based policy development and programme design. What you will do in this role is:
What you will bring to the role is:
- Support, advise, and develop policy that influences decision-making on better outcomes for our Pacific communities.
- Utilise and leverage your strong working relationships with policy peers across government so that policy is developed in a collaborative way that helps influence the design and execution of policy that has a positive housing change for Pacific peoples.
- Collectively with other policy specialists in the Ministry, and across government – engage in research and evaluation and develop high-quality policy advice and briefing papers that is evidence-based.
- Lead and support projects to influence better outcomes for Pacific communities through innovative policy solutions.
Working for us
- A mindset and approach that aligns to Pacific competencies – you do not have to whakapapa to Pacific culture/s, but you will want to understand and appreciate Pacific peoples’ culture and values – starting with understanding our Lalanga Fou vision and goals.
- Relevant experience in policy and/or central government in social and economic policy or population-based contexts, not for profit sector, government department or political office experience.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, with the ability to confidently communicate with a variety of audiences in a range of settings.
- Solid understanding of the machinery of government and a well demonstrated network of relationships across government
- Current cross-government and/or community stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to network and work collaboratively on housing policy issues.
- Some experience in researching, developing, managing and delivering policy at a level suited to the role.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise competing demands and deliver work on-time, while excelling in a fast-paced environment.
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, health insurance for our permanent employees, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of Pacific peoples and our workplace reflects the culture and values of Pacific peoples.
Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded through your contribution to positive outcomes for Pacific peoples, all the while being part of a welcoming Pacific family within the Ministry.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required.
Applications close on 14 June 2021.
Apply For Job