09th June, 2021
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) manages, administers and coordinates the DOD or other industrial security program and other security activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. The FSO will process and review personnel security clearances and maintain all security documentation, files, and clearance and suitability rosters in accordance with government requirements. The FSO will have an understanding and experience of the NISPOM and general security requirements for DOD and other Federal agencies.
- Administrate personnel security clearance processes to include coordinating initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations of staff, providing guidance and instruction to staff to ensure completion of security paperwork, collection of ink or
electronic fingerprinting of initial clearance candidates, and providing follow-up clearance report status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts.
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Maintain FCL documentation and submission in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Provide Federal Agency or component personnel suitability processing support and coordination.
- Provide and document new employee security briefings, exit interviews and debriefing, investigate and report security violations and incidents.
- Maintain classified holdings and prepare classified transmittal's in accordance with NISPOM guidelines and requirements.
- Manage and develop annual refresher training to include preparing necessary documentation in support of the DSS audits.
- Provide security support to Human Resources, Contracts, and Proposal teams.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
- Interpret government policies for the development and implementation of security plans and procedures.
- Maintain a working relationship with DSS or other Federal Agencies and each contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances or suitability determinations.
- Develop and maintain effective “Document Inventory and Control Program” for management of classified systems, media and documents.
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests, as required.
- 3+ years of experience as AFSO or FSO.
- 5+ years of government contracting experience.
- BS/BA Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in security field.
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) Certification.
- Knowledge of the government security and information assurance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to in-processing new employees.
- Demonstrated ability to provide employees with personnel security guidance, consistent with the 13 adjudicative guidelines, to best assist them managing their clearances.
- Experience with protection requirements for handling and safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience with DISS, NISS, and e-QIP.
- Communicate effectively with Corporate Executives to provide status updates, ensure compliance with NISPOM requirements and provides guidance on security related questions or concerns.
- FSO in a Contractor Processing Facility. Completion of “FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities IS030.CU” training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
Apply For Job
TQI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.