"TQI Solutions – thought leaders delivering innovative solutions for the challenges of tomorrow
TQI Solutions is actively recruiting for a Information Technology Support Specialist ready to join us in providing solutions that positively impact the success of our clients. TQI team members matter to us! We are committed to providing a positive work-life balance, a premier benefits package, and opportunities for continued career growth. Come join a collaborative working environment where your contributions are rewarded and valued!
TQI Solutions has an immediate need for a Tier 1-2 Help Desk Technician
in Norfolk, VA.
This person that will be responsible for providing Tier 1 and 2 help desk support to the Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC). Position Responsibilities:
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot IT systems and
- Provide informal technical computer assistance/operating instructions to customers both in person and over the telephone.
- Provide support and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient IT system performance and
- Assess and escalate IT issues to the NMCI when resolutions cannot be provided to the
- Coordinate and resolve technical issues with NMCI, as required.
- Research and solve problems in response to customer reported incidents and problems relating to IT
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve technical support and resolve customer problems; assist with and/or assess problem situations; gather relevant information; identify solutions and/or recommendations; implement corrective actions; and coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts to resolve customer inquiries.
- Apply knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods to analyze data and apply results to problem
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in technical support
- Update and maintain problem tracking and resolution databases (e.g., IT Help Desk ticketing system).
- Operate IT tools and systems, including navigating IT systems to: search for, retrieve, or access data or information; organize data clearly; and/or output data in usable and user-friendly format.
- Enter accurate customer data into IT systems such as SharePoint IT Help Desk; guide customers in the use of IT systems related to the organization’s Open, monitor, resolve, and close customer tickets.
- Draft and release naval messages once they are approved by the proper authority.
- Operate and maintain MARMC message processing capabilities.
- Provide naval message administration and tech support to all Military, Government Employees, and Contractors assigned to MARMC.
- Provide functional and/or technical specifications for operating systems for SIPRNET and NIPRNET Command Email/Navy Interface for Command Email Messaging System (C2OIX messaging) or current naval messaging system to meet current DOD, DON, NETWARCOM classified and unclassified message processing.
- Maintain databases and assign user accounts for SIPRNET and NIPRNET Command Messaging Systems (e.g. C2OIX).
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Four (4) years of related IT service desk/technical support experience. Up to two (2) years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of IT/Cyber related college completed or for each current certification held. Two (2) years of experience, or a combination of one (1) year of experience and one (1) year of formal training, with military message handling system(s) and procedures desired.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification (or higher level certification) or Bachelor’s Degree (or higher level degree) from an accredited University in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity required.
- Must currently possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must currently possess and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
: (preferred not required)
- Military messaging format lines, drafting messages, releasing messages, trouble call responses, and knowledge of who can release messages.
- Training and/or experience with developing/managing military messaging systems desired.
- Experience with Command and Control Official Information Exchange (C2OIX) desired.
- Experience using functional and or technical specifications for various operating systems and software applications for both NIPRNET and SIPRNET network systems desired.
TQI Solutions, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with staff located in Virginia, Maryland, DC, North Carolina, Washington Capital Area, and California. We provide Mission and Information Technology Support Services to a wide range of Department of Defense clients. TQI Solutions strives to exceed customer expectations through results-oriented services and solutions that enable mission success. We pride ourselves in adopting our client’s missions as our own, and consistently providing world class technical solutions. We accomplish this by hiring dedicated problem solvers who build long-term, mutually trusting relationships with our customers.
*TQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes all to apply including females, minorities, individuals with a disability and protected veterans.