20th April, 2021
TQI Solutions has an immediate need for an experienced Principal Expert Consultant in Norfolk VA. This is a permanent, direct-hire opportunity that will be responsible for providing senior Navy consultation to the U.S. Navy Fleet Maintenance Officer (FMO – two star Flag position) and his government manager (GS-15). In these duties, responsible for the facilitation of business analysis, acquisition planning initiatives, and the engineering, program, and technical management support for Department of the Navy (DoN) IT strategy and governance efforts surrounding the future of maintenance IT in the Navy. Possesses demonstrated experience in Program/Project Management, and Business Process Analysis and /or Business Information System acquisition, development, testing and implementation. Works with senior leadership and executives to provide industry vision and strategic direction regarding their enterprise.
Audits/Inspections/Investigations: Clearance Requirements:
- Directly interface/report to with the FMO and government manager (GS-15) on regular basis.
- Provide direct consultation to FMO on correspondence at the Flag/SES level.
- Oversee efforts related to one of the Fleet Commanders projects within his Key Issues Playbook (KIP) titled the Future of Sailor Maintenance (FoSM) and its eight Lines of Effort (LOEs). Coordinate project completion to include the oversight of all aspects of projects and support services.
- Lead business process analysis efforts related to Navy Maintenance and Business Information Systems acquisition.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize program/project progress.
- Work with team to prepare flag level briefs, charters, IT strategies, communication plans, IT roadmaps, impact assessments, and systems architecture diagrams.
- Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments process, and design reviews to validate maintenance enterprise approaches and associated work products, services, and execution.
- Generate functional area strategies from a cross-functional enterprise perspective.
- Facilitate and manage requirements development and elaboration sessions amongst stakeholders and align these requirements to enterprise business objectives and processes.
- Define system requirements, develop technical solutions, and perform systems and system of systems (SOS) functional analysis.
- Establish an effective working relationship with senior-level customers, technical staff, managers, and peers as well as contractor teams.
- Receive, review and process requests for facility and personnel clearances for access to classified information in accordance with government and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain clearances and accesses authorization records for employees and consultants.
- Review and process incoming classified visit requests, if applicable.
- Review and process all outgoing visit requests, if applicable.
- Coordinate incoming visits with identification control, document control and lobby control personnel when applicable. Confirm facility clearances on all contractors and subcontractors and obtain facility clearances for un-cleared subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain clearance files.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Must currently possess and maintain an active Secret or higher-level security clearance.
- At least fifteen years of recent experience in Navy Maintenance processes.
- BS degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Recent professional experience in defense acquisition in support of Navy Acquisition management, including an understanding of Business Capability Acquisition Cycle (BCAC) and Defense Business System (DBS) acquisition guidance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Data Systems as appropriate within the organization.
- Experience in executive leadership and overall management to large complex technology and infrastructure projects and enterprise knowledge of Navy Maintenance IT solutions and their associated systems, requirements, processes, and interfaces.
- Must have experience in a DoD contracting environment and ability to effectively communicate with senior-level government customers.
- Well versed with flag level environment, expectations, and staff execution.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Project and Visio.
- Possess written and oral communication skills commensurate with a lead management role.
- Familiarity with a variety of program management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage risk and influence others.
- Proven ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
Apply For Job
- Afloat, Command at Sea experience and understanding of US Naval Fleet operations.
- Acquisition qualification in Program Management, or equivalent, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM).
- Familiar with System Engineering principles.
- Familiar with the Adaptive Acquisition Framework.
- Familiar with DoN, OPNAV, and USFF IT initiatives.