27th September, 2021
General job duties. Types of procedures required.
• Provide individualized nursing care of critically ill, adolescent (16+) through geriatric medical / surgical patients
• Assessment of all patients must have strong critical thinking skills to analyze data and appropriately respond to changing situations.
• Interpreting and responding to hemodynamic monitoring results
• Anticipating and responding to patient complications, situations, and/or crisis
• Must be self-directed
• Expected to utilize technology to enhance quality patient care
• Expected to collaborate with physicians and other healthcare workers, delegate and supervise the unlicensed personnel
• Must have effective communication skills to collaborate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts, situations, and/or issues with peers, other healthcare workers, physicians and/or patients/families.
• When students are assigned to CCU, may be asked to supervise as part of their training.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
• EPIC One Chart computerized charting
• PLUM IV “smart” pumps
• Central lines, arterial lines, ventilators, IABP
• Overhead patient lift system
- Prefer minimum 2 yrs CCU experience
- Prior Med/Surg or ED experience a plus!
- SD RN or multistate compact RN License
- BLS & ACLS required
- CCRN and/or TNCC is a plus!
Apply For Job