The future looks bright at the hospital, and we are always searching for quality people to join our team. We offer a great atmosphere, competitive pay, a wide array of benefits, and many growth opportunities for our employees.
Within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, applies the nursing process to the care of patients. Teaches patients and significant others. Documents patient care in the medical record. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to effectively coordinate overall care of the patient.
Full-Time Position (72 Hours Per Pay Period)
Shift: Varied Days: Varied
Wages Based Upon Experience
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, applies the nursing process to the care of patients. Teaches
patients and significant others. Documents patient care in the medical record. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to effectively coordinate overall care of the patient.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language.
• Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly-changing patient and unit needs.
• Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
• Responds effectively to patient crisis/emergency situations
• Proficient in use of computer, including accessing internet, word processing, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
• Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
• American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period
Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred
• Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
• Requires frequent use of personal computer
• Must demonstrate manual dexterity
Union Affiliation: ONA
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.