NOW HIRING! Contract/Traveler Cook in Gilbert, AZ
Apply For Job
- Working alone will rarely be necessary
- Shifts of up to 8 hours may be required
- Weekend shifts my be required
Flexible with schedule and available to work early morning or evening shifts as well as days, weekends, and holidays.
General job duties. Types of procedures required.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef on meal preparation, production or service line
- Properly break down and clean service line, work areas and equipment as directed by the Food Service
- Perform all dietary services mentioned in the Resident Handbook and Care Plan
- Follow all health department practices, safety practices and infection control practices
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and
genuine interest in each resident’s needs
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community
- Observe residents ability to perform daily ADL’s and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or
opportunities to the appropriate team member
- Ensures all food items are prepared in a timely fashion. Uses batch-cooking methods when appropriate to ensure a fresh product.
- Inspects all food that is ready to be served for proper plating.
- Meets with the Executive Chef regularly to discuss menu preparation for the upcoming weeks.
- Prepares all food items following proper recipes and procedures. .
- Practices proper food handling and food storage procedures.
- Maintains documentation of all temperature charts and records.
- Completes assigned cleaning to ensure compliance and sanitary standards are met, assisting dishwashing personnel in performing his/her duties.
- Oversees and directs all dining service Team Members assigned during shift and covers all duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Completes all food production records in accordance with company policy and procedures, federal and state.
- Contributes to team success through positive interactions with both residents and staff daily
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept.
- Commercial kitchen equipment.
Required skills and minimum years of experience.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in food services field
- Occasionally lift and carry 50 pounds
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending, extending and reaching for periods up to eight (8) hours
- Exposure to occasional loud noise, hazardous materials, fumes, heat and cold
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Sufficient literacy skills to read instructions, labels, safety notices and procedures, and to complete
- Able to obtain ServSafe Certification as required by local or state agencies within 60 days.
- Understands and have knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Knows the Seven Steps of HACCP.
- Flexible schedule and available to work early morning or evening shifts as well as days, weekends, and holidays.
- Has compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Meets all health requirements (including TB) and passes drug/alcohol and background checks.
- Senior living experience a plus.
Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required.
- Negative Tuberculosis test
- Clear background check
- Culinary Training Certification or Degree in Culinary Arts, preferred