NOW HIRING! Contract/Traveler Server in Gilbert, AZ
Apply For Job
- May be scheduled for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner shifts
- Weekend shifts may be required
- Shifts may be as long as 8 hours
Flexible with schedule and available to work early morning or evening shifts as well as days, weekends, and holidays.
General job duties. Types of procedures required.
- Provide restaurant quality table service to residents as outlined in the Resident Handbook and Care Plan
- Set up and replenish salad bar, beverage, and service stations
- Assist cook with minor preparation, portioning and plate set-up
- Assist residents and team members with beverages, salads, soups, desserts and other service needs
- Coordinate delivery and pick-up of daily room trays for room service orders
- Communicate resident difficulties or opportunities to appropriate team members
- Clear tables as you work in your section. Clean and wipe down tables and chairs after residents leave
- Complete daily cleaning duties as scheduled and requested
- Set tables with utensils, chinaware, silverware and glassware; refill all condiments after every meal
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and
genuine interest in each resident’s needs
- Familiarize yourself with all residents in your Resident Group
- Participate in all required training programs offered by employer
- Assists in seating of residents and guests.
- Greets new residents seated in your section and integrates them into the dining room.
- Tracks and reports residents who miss meals in your section.
- Attends pre-meal meetings to review the menu items being offered.
- Keeps an accurate record of meals served to residents and guests in your section. Ensures the Dining Room Lead receives a copy of this record.
- Reports any unusual incidents or concerns to management.
- Presents a professional and caring attitude when dealing with residents and guests
Required skills and minimum years of experience.
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Sufficient literacy skills to fulfill the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the job
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending, extending and reaching for periods up to eight (8) hours
- Maintains or can acquire a Food Handler’s Permit, as required.
- Able to communicate both in written and spoken English.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Flexible with schedule and available to work early morning or evening shifts as well as days, weekends, and holidays.
- Consistent and punctual attendance for shifts.
- Maintains compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Meets all health requirements (including TB) and pass drug/alcohol and background checks.