23rd September, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city.
If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
Plans, provides and/or supervises the nursing care of patients in an efficient and caring manner.
Coordinates care planning with other caregivers and with other areas, adheres to universal precautions, and is compliant with infection control policies.
Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Provides direct patient care in accordance with physician orders in a warm and friendly manner.
- Takes and records measurements or readings.
- Assesses condition and provides treatment for care of patient.
- Administers prescribed medications.
- May be required to scrub in at the cath lab.
- Provides leadership while working collaboratively with other care givers on the unit.
- BSN or ADN.
- RN Degree in Ohio required.
- Valid CPR certification or obtain within 30 days of employment.
- RN must have CCU, ED, Cardiac Stepdown or Med-Surg experience (no new grads or candidates with only nursing home experience)
- Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others
- Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, as well as the ability to observe and analyze any resulting reactions and to apply clinical knowledge.
- Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan
- Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care as documented by the attachment
Apply For Job
- There is two openings(One position is 40 hours/week; the other is 30 hours/week).
- Positions are day shift with varied start times.
- When actively on-call, MUST be able to be on-campus within 30 minutes of call.
- Will take 1 day of call/week and every 4th weekend.
- Caseload ranges between 8-14 daily.
- The hospital will offer an hourly range between $25.94-$38.50hr depending on experience. BSN candidates do receive an additional $1.00hr premium.
- The facility offers a sign on bonus up to $15,000(paid in 3 annual installments of $5000) and full benefit package.