This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assesses plans, implements and coordinates a plan of care for residents in pertinent areas. Assures medications and treatments are administered to assigned residents. Make changes on plan of care as needed. Safeguards residents’ property. Maintains residents’ self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information. Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their care
plans. Assures and assists to maintain safe, pleasant, orderly resident living areas. Assures physicians’ orders are processed and physicians notified in a timely manner. Observes residents; directs and documents care provided to residents; receives and shares information; observes and reports residents’ conditions to appropriate staff. Responds promptly to resident call lights. Directs and assists with resident,
family/significant other education. Uses the EMR accurately. Uses transfer equipment (gait belt, mechanical lifts, slide boards, lift/slip, etc.) and handling techniques in a manner that makes residents feel safe. Demonstrates knowledge of department – specific safety, fire and disaster plans.
This position will be held accountable for complying with all related laws, regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to his or her position and for fulfilling his or her obligations under the organization's corporate compliance program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Licensure Certification: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. RN licensure for state of practice is required. BLS
- Skills/Abilities: Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities; knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
- Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate/activate/use/prepare/inspect/place/detect/position objects, tools, or controls. The employee will frequently communicate/express oneself/exchange/observe/assess/detect information relative to this position. The employee is required to maintain a stationary position/move/position self in response to job tasks. Must
be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequency of travel may vary based on business need.
Weight Lifting Requirement: 35 lbs.