Position Summary and Reporting Relationship
The Manager – Patient Financial Services is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the billing, collections, and cash posting teams ensuring timely and accurate billing and posting practices are maintained. This individual will partner with others from the Patient Financial Services team to manage daily operations as well as providing leadership and daily guidance to Patient Financial Services staff. This position will collaborate and partner with members of the Patient Financial Services team in finding resolutions to payer related, charge, and denial issues, as well as technology challenges. This position does not provide direct patient care.
Required Core Leadership Competencies
• Building Talent
• Delegation and Empowerment
• Facilitating Change
• Operational Decision Making
Education and/or Experience
• This leader shall demonstrate progressive accomplishments earned in increasingly complex Patient Financial Services leadership roles spanning 5-7 years in an acute care setting is expected. 4 year College Degree 5 + years healthcare experience in business/ billing functions 5 + years healthcare experience in business/ billing functions
• Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required.
• Epic experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.