Under the direction of a Radiologist and the Manager of Medical Imaging, performs sonography procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply sound waves for diagnostic purposes. Demonstrates knowledge of proper imaging technique (i.e. positioning, technical factors) in special populations such as children, adults, elderly, and patients in debilitated conditions.
SKILLS OR SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED:
A. Education and Training: High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an AMA approved Allied Health program with the completion of an accredited sonography program or the equivalent in education and experience required.
B. Licensing: ARDMS & BLS (American Heart)
C. Work Experience: Previous ultrasound experience in abdomen/small parts, OB/GYN, breast and vascular ultrasonography preferred.
D. Skills and Abilities Proficient in the performance of abdomen/small parts, OB/GYN, breast and vascular ultrasound. Understanding of sonography equipment to provide proper image reception and obtain diagnostic images is essential. Excellent communication skills. Ability to operate office machinery (computers, copiers, calculators, fax, etc.)
COGNITIVE SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Ability to read and follow written procedural protocols are necessary (English).
2. Ability to follow verbal communication is important .
3. Organize and express thought in spoken English words so others will understand.
4. Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variable limited standardization and interpret instructions.
5. Memorization: words, numbers procedures, pieces of information, different X-ray equipment and a variety of procedures.
6. Problem Sensitivity or the ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong to identify the whole problem.
7. Information ordering or the ability to follow rules correctly, and arrange actions in a certain order
8. Must be able to organize and maintain flexible scheduling to coordinate all job responsibilities.
9. Must be able to communicate with all educational levels and display good human relations.
10. Must be able to perform duties in an atmosphere of constant interruptions