21st September, 2021
Wkend 6am - noon; On Call 1 night a week and 1 weekend a month.
General Job Description:
Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.Participates in meetings, committees and lean projects as assigned. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Performs service excellence must –haves to achieve an excellent patient/customer experience. Uses quality improvement process, programs or outcomes to help improve department operations. Performs all laboratory procedures in all functional areas within the laboratory. Demonstrates proficiency in operation and maintenance of all laboratory instruments. Performs venipunctures, capillary collections, and arterial punctures. Utilizes departmental computer system to report and maintain patient results accurately. Evaluates quality control material and results to monitor instrument performance. Communicates patient care, testing, and patient results accurately and courteously. Participates in annual proficiency testing challenges as assigned. Cleans, disinfects, and maintains equipment and laboratory areas as necessary. Notifies manager of equipment problems and calls appropriate service techs regarding instrument issues. Keeps laboratory properly supplied. Assists with ensuring that day-to-day laboratory duties are completed accurately. Assists with competency and job training of students and other technical staff. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Equipment utilized in the unit/department:
EPIC (LIS & EMR), Rover
Blood Bank (Tube and Gel)
BioMeriuex Vitek 2, MiniVidas, BioFire
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science which includes clinical rotation as part of the program or Bachelors in Science in a related field and an additional year of MT/MLS clinical rotation required or meets the requirements and has acquired the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) certification as an MT/MLS as outlined on the ASCP website. Basic knowledge in phlebotomy and phlebotomy procedures is preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) completed within 3 months of hire is required. Company recognizes American Heart Association (for healthcare professionals), American Red Cross (for healthcare professionals) and the Military Training Network.
1. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to work functions.
Apply For Job
2. Knowledge of laboratory equipment, procedures and tests performed to ensure quality patient results.
3. Knowledge regarding interpretation of results to assist medical staff in providing quality patient care.
4. Knowledge of CLIA regulations and the ability to correct deficiencies as needed.
5. Knowledge and skill in operating laboratory equipment to ensure quality patient results.
6. Skill in operating laboratory equipment to ensure quality patient results.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and medical staff.
9. Ability to problem solve and engage independent critical thinking skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality relevant to sensitive information.
11. Ability to adhere to hospital and department procedures.
12. Ability to prioritize work demands and work with minimal supervision.
13. Ability to care for patients throughout the age continuum.
14. Ability to practice proper body mechanics to ensure personal and patient safety.
15. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.