21st September, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
The Mission Consultant provides logistical and work process support for the development and operations of key programs, initiatives, services, and resources for mission integration and for community benefit program at the healthcare system.
-Provides support in the development and implementation of the annual Mission Integration Assessment & Action Plan, including the promotion of the organization’s Catholic Affiliation and Catholic Identity.
-Chairs the Mission Champions Leader Committee and coordinates its outreach, recognition. and social activities
-Assists with implementation of mission formation programs that are inclusive of the Catholic Sponsorship and elements of the Catholic Ethical and Religious Directives.
-Assists with the usage of the Chapel, including knowledge of appropriate set-up for weekly Mass.
-Processes Providence Fund requests
-Provides support for the Community Benefit Program in meeting the the healthcare system and IRS Standards by assisting in measuring & tracking community benefit goals & strategies and in collecting and reporting community benefit data.
-Records & distributes minutes of the Community Benefit Steering Committee and other community benefit committees/teams.
-Participates in the Community Social Determinants Committee including promotion of the Genesis mission and Catholic social teachings.
-Participates in professional development and formation opportunities.
- Bachelors' degree required in pastoral ministry, education, social work, community health, or related field.
- Ideal candidate is a living witness to the Catholic faith through engagement in parish life and has a deep understanding of the Catholic
- Ethical and Religious Directives and the ability to promote the organization’s Catholic affiliation, teachings and Catholic identity.
- Knowledge and experience in community-based health planning and programming or willingness and ability to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels within/outside the organization to develop effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to compile, analyze and disseminate diverse information
- Possesses computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Apply For Job
- Position is 40 hours/week, M-F, day shift, no weekends.
- Must be a practicing Catholic and well educated/knowledgeable of the Catholic faith/protocols(not able to consider candidates wanting to learn about Catholicism)
- The hospital will offer a range between 46K-63K depending on experience.