21st September, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you interested in making a difference in patient care? Are you looking for a facility that is interested in candidates that want to grow professionally but have not been given the opportunity? Would you like to work in a facility that is midsized(250 beds) and can offer small town living with all the amenities within an hour of 2 larger cities(Greensboro and Winston-Salem)? Then this could be an opportunity for you.
Looking for a Director of Case Management to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Director or Assistant Director in a medium to large size hospital system in Case Management.
-Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
-Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
-Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
-Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds.
-Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and recommendations regarding operations and budgets, design protocols and create well developed reports.
-Professional knowledge sufficient to assure quality of care provided with multidisciplinary service areas. Demonstrated organizational leadership and management skills.
-Defining performance goals and expectations for the department and staff.
-Ensuring compliance with all policies and regulations standards relating to the functioning of the case management department.
-Maintaining / facilitating communication between the members of the case management department and the physician advisor regarding medical necessity, progression of the plan of care and/or quality issues.
-Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
-Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice nursing in Virginia, or equivalent clinical licensure and experience.
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- 5 years experience as Case Manager required.
- 5 years progressive management experience preferred.
- Experience in computer applications, data base management and technical support required.
- Exceptional skills in oral and written communication required.
- Must be able to work side by side with all levels of employees, physicians, and external hospital agencies.
- Requires experience with Interqual or MCG criteria software, advanced computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- PowerPoint. Experience preferred with Meditech EMR and with MorCare.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, DHEC, CMS, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agency standards
Apply For Job
- The hospital is 250 beds. Position reports to CNO.
- Compensation is based on experience and the range is between 80-110K and the facility offers full benefits with a relocation package as well.